Greasy Fork is available in English.

게시판 » 제작 요청

Skipping Word Bank

§
작성: 2023-03-18

Hello,
I've been looking around for scripts/add-ons dedicated to Duolingo to skip the Word Bank questions which they implemented forcefully.
I've seen a number of scripts already on this website but unfortunately they are not working anymore. So, I wonder if anyone can think of a way or develop some script specifically for this purpose.
Notice that I'm not interested really in all the games and Lingot stuff on Duolingo. I just wanted to learn a language or two, and Duolingo unfortunately ruined it for me right now after 6 years of streak.
___
Background:
I use Duolingo on my PC only. I don't use it on any device. I have an eye issue (retinitis pigmentosa) which limits my vision. Thus, typing the answer is way easier for me and quicker. I'm learning 3 languages on Duolingo already: Irish, Russian, and Chinese. Since Duolingo applied the Word Bank method without giving a chance to use the keyboard to type the English sentences specifically, it had become hard for me to do my daily drill with the languages. For some reason unknown to me, the Irish course is the only one that allows keystrokes to pick up the words from the word bank but not the other courses. This somehow made it easier for me to do the drill in that course specifically. I've sent tweets (as they removed all contacting methods in their website) to let them understand this is not good for people with vision problems, but all fell on deaf ears (of course). For this reason, I've decided to look around for a solution to this, either to skip the questions with word bank OR at least allow keystrokes to pick the words. I've literally (not figuratively) spent 10 minutes one time to solve one question because of this word bank method.

I would really appreciate if anyone has a solution or a suggestion of any kind.
Thank you.

§
작성: 2023-04-11

Any hope to this?

§

I've not only replied earlier because I thought someone else would, but since this is a really noble cause I would love to help you if possible, the issue is you might have to trust me with your account and password, or I will need a bunch of print-screens and tell you to give me the HTML codes of the page etc etc, this will take a longer time and require a lot of messages switching between both of us, anyway.

I currently have no time for this now but maybe in 30 days or more I will so keep posting here and I will do that whenever I have time if possible.

§

Yeah, I'll give it a go. But first I need to know what you mean by word bank, can you send me a screenshot? And perhaps a link to those scripts that stopped working would be useful too.

§

After a li'l research (god damn a lot of people hate the word bank feature - I always thought it was fine), it seems you're talking about this? (attached):

As I said, I'll give it a go but if you link any old scripts that used to do what you're currently looking for, that would be great - I can't find any.

§

Would you say the listening challenges are word banks too? And are you sure you want to auto-skip as opposed to just using the keyboard?

§
작성: 2023-11-13
수정: 2023-11-13

Thanks for this information.

댓글 남기기

댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.