Greasy Fork is available in English.

Suspicious Website TLD Blocker

Block websites that use domain extensions often associated with spam, scams, and malware.

< Suspicious Website TLD Blockerについてのフィードバック

質問/コメント

Deleted user 128
§
投稿日: 2018/11/10
編集日: 2018/11/10

Some of the "badTLDs" surprise me

Hi,

I'm having a most interested look at your Suspicious Website TLD Blocker sript as I already refer to Spamhaus - The Top 10 Most Abused TLDs that you mention in the script.

Just a quick word to share my surprise to see included in your badTLDs section TLDs which seem to me not particularly "bad" as such, i.e. "ru" and "dk" which never appear in the Spamhaus top 10 mentioned above. I'd include (and already do system-wide) .su but definitely not .ru, as for Denmark's .dk ... I remain stunned!

Thanks for your comment about this.

Kai Krause作者
§

I understand. The bad TLDs, aside from Freenom, are subjective from personal experience. I should tailor that, and perhaps allow region-specific blocking. Someone in Russia would probably see .ru regularly, whereas an American or European would not. DK, on the other hand, I did not confirm beforehand. Thanks for the feedback.

Deleted user 128
§
編集日: 2018/11/10

I quote you, Kai, "The bad TLDs, aside from Freenom, are subjective from personal experience."

I don't think a rational approach of blocking a TLD (as well as anything else) should have anything to do with subjectivity, be that subjectivity be nourished by personal experience.

Facts, statistically viable with confirmation by serious references as Spamhaus is all we need IMO. Getting off this track originates in or leads to propaganda.

You write as well, "Someone in Russia would probably see .ru regularly, whereas an American or European would not.".

No. I'm a European in Europe and believe me or not many here don't get caught by Russian bashing, neither do many Americans. We happen to be free thinkers who try to avoid intoxication, mainly that of US administration when many Americans as well try to remain impartial.

Hope to discover an impartial, fact based update of your script.

Kai Krause作者
§

Such a region-blocking option would be opt-in.

§
投稿日: 2019/04/23

@"Kai Krause" , perhaps you could include a box that would allow users to add/remove domains as they like. One method that I highly recommend is used by script URL Shortener Unshortener MOD

My personal blocking list is here: https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/comment/55821/#Comment_55821

返信を投稿

返信を投稿するにはログインしてください。