Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-04-23

Google Hit Hider on Qwant

Recently the Google Hit Hider 'Block' button has moved position on Qwant search results.

Previously it used to appear directly beside each search result title (just as it does on all other search engines) but Qwant seems to have done something to their site that causes the Google Hit Hider 'Block' button to now appear below each search result title (on its own separate line):

I've tried moving the button using css (I have Stylus installed) but my css skills are poor, so while I have managed to get the block button onto the same line as the result title, I can only float it to the far left or far right. I can't get it to be positioned after each search result title (regardless of title length) as it used to be.

Could you please let me know what css I can use to get it back to its previous position?

§
Posted: 2020-04-24
Edited: 2020-04-24

Hmm, the problem is that the link wraps over a block element with the citation in it. Perhaps this will be a good effect for the time being:

div.result--web {position:relative;} div.result--web button.ghhb {position:absolute; top:0; right:0;}

The reason it's difficult to get it next to the title is that clicking the button would activate the link to the result.

§
Posted: 2020-04-24

Thank you for your reply. It's good to know that my difficulty in positioning the button directly after the title was not solely due to my own incompetence for once, and that it is actually tricky to achieve this outcome in this particular instance.

The work-around that you provided uses the exact same button positioning that I was already using as a compromise. However, your method gives a bit more space around the button in which the title link is not triggered, so I don't have to be quite so accurate when clicking the block button (which I do a lot because I've chosen to hide the management UI). I have therefore dumped my css work-around and replaced it with yours instead, for the time being.

Perhaps if a better solution comes along you could drop another comment here in this thread (if it's something that you don't want to put into GHHBD directly).

Thanks again.

Sign in to post a reply.