Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-12-30

May fail to block when multiple tabs are opened at the same time

When searching for the same keyword, if the next page is opened in a new tab, then turn the old tab page to this page too. Add a URL to the Perma-ban list and close it. When the new tab is refreshed, the URL may also be displayed. When searching for the same or similar keywords, the issue may occur if openning multiple tags.

Best regards.

§
Posted: 2018-12-30

Hi, are you using Tampermonkey?

When you reload a tab, the script should reinitialize and request the saved list from Tampermonkey. So when a change is saved in Tab 2, and then you reload Tab 1, the list should be updated in Tab 1.

There may be a tiny delay when a change is saved on one tab before Tampermonkey stores it, but I don't think it should be a long delay. I must admit I never tested that.

Does the blocked item show up on the list if you reload a second time or if you do the first reload after some time, like 20 seconds?

§
Posted: 2019-01-01
Edited: 2019-01-01

Yes, I am using Tampermonkey. Sorry, the above method does not seem to reproduce this issue.

Today I deliberately look for ways to reproduce it. I cleared the blocked list and used Linkclump, a Chrome extension, to open multiple search pages at once.

Turn off the tabs in turn, try to block an address before closing a tab, then re-search for that keyword and open the search page that previously contained the blocked address, but I can't reproduce it no matter what I try.

Then re-import the blocked list. Test the same method multiple times and reproduce the problem three or four times. I didn't find the law of its appearance, so it is not easy to reproduce.

I also encountered this problem before and thought it might be related to opening multiple search pages.

I'm not sure if it's related to the number of addresses in the blocked list. I have blocked more than 10,000 addresses, so opening it is not as fast as when the list is empty.

I will continue to pay attention to it, if I find the law, I will give you feedback.

In addition, can google search predicted keywords be filtered?

https://www.blog.google/products/search/how-google-autocomplete-works-search/

If it's achievable, I'm really looking forward to another great script.

Thank you very much!

§
Posted: 2019-01-01

@sfwf said: I'm not sure if it's related to the number of addresses in the blocked list. I have blocked more than 10,000 addresses, so opening it is not as fast as when the list is empty.

Hmm, I don't test with a large list. That could affect timing. If you reload the page where the URL wasn't blocked after another 15 seconds, is the change picked up by then?

In addition, can google search predicted keywords be filtered?

https://www.blog.google/products/search/how-google-autocomplete-works-search/

If it's achievable, I'm really looking forward to another great script.

Hmm, you can block the whole list using a custom style rule (in the Stylus extension, for example):

form[action="/search"] ul[role="listbox"] {display: none !important;}

If you only want to hide individual predictions containing certain words or phrases, that should be possible (in some other script or extension).

Sign in to post a reply.