Option to Automatically Download on Page Load?

About: Download YouTube Videos as MP4
Would it be possible to configure this script to automatically download the video on page load? For various reasons, I would like to be able to let Youtube auto-play recommended videos and download them as it plays them.

If not, any chance you could point me in the right direction as to how to edit the script and do it myself?

Thanks...great script btw!

コメント

• Hello

Your idea is interesting, but I don't think there are many people who would like to do that. Imagine filling your HDD with all the YT videos you are watching.

I've tried to add this feature by editing the code. Just insert these lines before "function downloadVideoNatively(e) {" (line 416):

// START: AUTODOWNLOAD
    if (document.getElementById(LISTITEM_ID+'22')) {
    document.getElementById(LISTITEM_ID+'22').click();
    } else {
    document.getElementById(LISTITEM_ID+'18').click();
    }
    // STOP: AUTODOWNLOAD

Basically all it does is click the download button for you and downloads the 720p version if it's available or the 360p as a backup. The code could buggy as I haven't tested it extensively.
  • I forgot to mention something. By default, when you download a video in Firefox, you should see a download dialog. To automatically download videos and hide the dialog, just select "save file" and "do this automatically for files like this from now on".
コメントするにはサインインまたは登録して下さい。