Greasy Fork is available in English.

translate.google tooltip

Translates selected text into a `tooltip' via Google translate

< Valutazione su translate.google tooltip

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 25/01/2016
Modificato: 25/01/2016

Last UpDate Not Working on one of my profile : Why ?

I use // @version 16.01.20.1 And the translate tooltip not showing at all ...

If i use ALT key i can't see the tooltip, the same with CTRL I can see it only with the Greasemonkey menu : "Scripts options"

Previous version seems working well (Except on some Textarea which can't be handle... )

Firefox 43.0.4 / Win7

trespassersWAutore
§

don't know, I've everythink working

§

Yes, on an other profile your script work fine....
I Need to test that
:smile:

§

I Delete ALL shortcuts from TabMix and FlashGot and...

That's good now!

Now why they interfer with your script , i don't know:
They are not identical with the ALT or CTRL unique shortcut ;
They mix them with other key...

trespassersWAutore
§

Flashgot is harmful, I long ago gave up using it. thumbsdown

§
Pubblicato: 26/01/2016

,-)

§
Pubblicato: 02/02/2016

I'm new to this script but I experience some problems...

The latest version don't work for me under Firefox 44 (Windows 7) Nothing happen :(

Trying Version v16.01.16.1 make do the trick but I 'd really like to be able to use the latest release.

Also another strange thing in the Greasemonkey Scripts manager:

Found more on previous bug, when I try to install the latest release after removing all other versions Greasemonkey don't reconize the script: image

With the "old" release that worked I removed the ALT key and saved with no "shortcut"

Now I uninstalled again the script (Latest version) and reinstalled and this time the installation was fine no garbage in the prompt.

Now without "shortcut" latest version work fine and even if I enable the shortcut back it work fine :blush:

Maybe the default for the script when you install it for the first time should be with "NO Shortcut" enabled since it remove a possibility of conflict with other addons or scripts.

Another thing I'm not sure about I don't see any menu for the script unless I don't look at the right place: image

A small request, personally I don't use the shortcut so the flag is always there when I highlight some word I just appreciate if there was an option to put the transparency to 50% on the flag.

One more to finish I don't know if it is possible to have the possibility to choose where the "Translation Box" will appear in the tab/window, I really like to have an option to make it pop up at the right bottom since it would not hide the current text, making it more efficient (for me). :wink:

Best Regards :smile:

trespassersWAutore
§
Pubblicato: 03/02/2016

@Mikhoul, which version of Greasemonkey are you using? I encountered the problems described in your post when I run GM 3.7b2 under Ffx 44. Installed from scratch script began to work after 3rd restart of browser... and I suspect that the culprit wasn't my script.

> ..."Translation Box" will appear in the tab/window...
I'd recommend you to try the add-on S3.google translator, which has a huge number of customization options.

§

I use version 3.7b2

S3.google translator seem good but with all those options it should tax CPU/RAM a lot... ;-)

§

@trespassersW One problem bug here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/43zemx/somethingsnotright/

The "tooltip/flag" don't appear beside the words highlighted but I can translate with the menu.

Do you know why on reedit the flag/tooltip don't appear ?

Regards :blush:

§

Hummmm in fact it does not work anywhere (not just on reddit) anymore ???

I will try to reinstall and look at the preference to see if the tooltip could have been disabled by a restart of Firefox that's the only thing that changed this morning and everything was fine sooner today.

Ok The preferences were reset after I restarted Firefox, I will watch to see if the preferences will be lost at the next restart ;-)

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.