Greasy Fork is available in English.

A Better eBay Filter

Allow filtering eBay searches based on additional criteria, global site support

< Valutazione su A Better eBay Filter

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 28/06/2015

It suddenly disappeared and I can't get it back!

I have been using this script on Mozilla Firefox for a long time, but it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried to reinstall it and everything seems OK on the Add-ons Manager, but two status lines which used to be immediately below the basic Search line are no longer there, even tough I have my searches set on List View and and Seller Feedback Information is displayed. Any ideas? I always found this script so useful, that I now can't manage without it ...

§

Ebay changes its site regularly. I should be able to get it working again in a day or two, if they haven't done any major modifications to the site

§

Hmm, it still works for me to filter out based on feedback count or top seller. Maybe it's a problem specific to a country site, is this a non-US site? Can you give me an exact listing that would be an example of a problem of how the script isn't working? It doesn't have to be something you really want to filter, just an easy example so I can test the script with it.

[replied copied to blog response]

§
Pubblicato: 22/07/2015

Yeah, no, I didn't post any snarky response. I always appreciate feedback on the script. You must be thinking of someone else. I have updated the script multiple times based on user feedback.

§
Pubblicato: 22/07/2015

I use Greasemonkey with Firefox, and not TamperMonkey and Chrome. I suspect the difference lies with TamperMonkey, which I gather is kind of a Greasemonkey port over to Chrome which isn't 100% compatible with all scripts. There isn't anything in the script's code that would care what value the input fields are set to as far as whether it displays or not. I'll have to see about installing TamperMonkey later this week for testing. If you could provide a full example of site and page where the script fails, that would be helpful, thanks.

§
Pubblicato: 23/07/2015

Well, thanks for reminding me that there are people who act like you do for free scripts and active tech support for something I don't use, in all the intervening years it's been active for literally, thousands of users. I didn't dismiss what you said, I said that I didn't use what you did AND that I would install what you were using to test with it. I wouldn't have normally, I don't use Tampermonkey, there is literally no reason for me to have offered to help and to offer to install the extension except to help you. Thanks for the payback on the offer.

Readers of the original thread will notice that you gave a 1-star review, said the script didn't work, and didn't give any useful feedback. Four words total, completely useless for figuring out what the problem was when other users were not having a problem. I then suggested you ask for my FREE tech support, like I did here again, but you apparently got all upset that someone called you on your behavior, and trolled on here again.

That's not two-faced, that's offering to help you, and then getting more abuse from you. But you know what, for everybody else who might be having a problem, I'll check the script for problems again. I'll even do it for you, on the chance that it helps improve your life, and in the hopes you don't vent unwarranted frustration at other script writers.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.