Greasy Fork is available in English.

Rimuovi i popup di richiesta d'accesso (non aggiornato - sviluppo terminato)

Rimuovi i fastidiosi banner e popup di richiesta d'accesso dalle versioni mobile e desktop di Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Quora, Ask.fm, VK, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitch e dalla versione mobile di Youtube e TikTok.

< Valutazione su Rimuovi i popup di richiesta d'accesso (non aggiornato - sviluppo terminato)

Recensione: OK - lo script funziona, ma ha degli errori.

§
Pubblicato: 31/05/2022

Do you think you'll add support for Tumblr as well, since they're starting to force logged out users and people who don't have a Tumblr account to login/register after scrolling down and exploring/searching?

https://www.tumblr.com/explore/trending?source=homepage_explore

StephenPAutore
§
Pubblicato: 31/05/2022
Modificato: 31/05/2022

Hi, I have actually had no idea of what tumblr was until a couple of months ago, but I'm hearing more and more people talking about it recently. If it's giving problems to users who don't login, I'll do the possible to add it to the script. From what I can see, it should be quite easy, but I can't give you an idea about when I'll do it, as I'm working a lot in this period.

§
Pubblicato: 01/06/2022
Modificato: 01/06/2022

"I have actually had no idea of what tumblr was until a couple of months ago"

That's surprising, but understandable. Tumblr, despite its popularity, is still rather niche as a social media site.

"I can't give you an idea about when I'll do it, as I'm working a lot in this period."

That's fair enough. I'm just glad you're considering Tumblr support at all.

StephenPAutore
§

I will definitely add support for it: this script is meant for social networks that expect people to subscribe to be viewed. Tumblr is one of these, so I will add support for it.

§

Alright. Thank you.

StephenPAutore
§

It took even less than expected to get the script to work with Tumblr. Just update the script and try browsing: I've only tested it on Firefox for PC, so if you're using a mobile browser such as Kiwi or Firefox Nightly, I can't guarantee it works also there.

§

Yeah, it seems to work perfectly from the little I've tested! Thank you so much!

§
Pubblicato: 02/06/2022

Hmmm... when using your script, while logged on with a Tumblr account, when you click on an OP's (original poster's) username on any post found in the Explore, Search or Dashboard pages of Tumblr, the internal "popup" within these pages for said OP's Tumblr blog won't appear. The script works well when logged off, but not when you ARE logged on.

§

Also, because Tumblr seems to sneakily override certain or all URLs of the OPs' blogs within the Explore, Search or Dashboard pages with their internal popup (i.e. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/[username]), when using your script logged *off*, nothing happens when you click. I think when logged off, the override should be disabled as well.

StephenPAutore
§
Modificato: 02/06/2022

So, in brief: you gave a good review of the script, asking for a feature to be added, I've added the feature (although it's not perfect) in one day having almost no hint about what Tumblr was, and now your review is worse than before?
Am I missing something?
By the way, the script is meant to be used when logged off, so for the first bug you can just go to Greasemonkey menu and in the script options you can disable the script for the specific site while you are logged in. For the second bug, I'll investigate it.

§

I'm... sorry for the rating change? I didn't mean anything bad by it, just reflecting the current functionality on my end? I know you'll eventually get into fixing these bugs and I'd change it back to "Good" accordingly once fixed? I didn't mean anything by it??

But thanks for looking into the second bug at least.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.