Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube Cinema Mode

Maximizes YouTube's video player to fill the entire browser viewport and fixes a few minor annoyances

< Valutazione su YouTube Cinema Mode

Recensione: Bene - lo script funziona

rnd
§
Pubblicato: 28/06/2015

Disable top bar animation and player focus right after loading

Hey, first of all fantastic script. Does everything I want and nothing that I don't, while staying leaner and faster than other scripts.
That said there are two things I would like:
1) Upon mousing to the top of the window, the top bar appears, but it takes too long to my taste. I was able to shorten the delay, but how can I remove the long fade-in animation?
2) If the player itself has focused (is clicked on), it can be controlled using the keyboard, particularly with the arrow keys which I find useful. However it doesn't have focus immediately after loading, neither stock nor with your script. "YouTube Center" can do this though.

again thanks for maintaining this useful script.

Anon 2Autore
§
Pubblicato: 28/06/2015
Modificato: 28/06/2015

Thanks for the input, yesterday I opened a new GitHub Repository for this script and added about 5 known issues so far, so you can open a new issue there. One of the things I also considered was to find ways to improve how the top bar show/hide behaves. I'm a currently bit reluctant to add customizability but that might be inevitable at some point, we'll see.

The fade-in effect is a simple CSS transition and is defined on this line. It can be disabled by removing/commenting out transition: opacity 0.3s ease-in-out;

Anon 2Autore
§
Pubblicato: 03/07/2015
Modificato: 03/07/2015

There's a an experimental version with a new approach to the top bar auto hide feature. In this version the top bar appears whenever the page is not scrolled to the top (it floats like in search pages), with a faster animation time. See this GitHub issue that has more details and a link to install it. I've been testing it for several days and it seems usable, but I'm still not sure if I should make it default behavior just yet. I'm wondering if there might be more improvements that would make it even more usable.

As for player focus on load, that's a very simple feature to add, and since the top bar is hidden at start, it should probably make sense to have it by default, I added an issue for that.

Anon 2Autore
§
Pubblicato: 05/07/2015
Modificato: 05/07/2015

Version 0.2.0 changed the top bar behavior to hide only when the page is scrolled to the top. The top bar can now also be toggled with the escape key, which will give the search bar focus when it becomes visible.

The video player is now automatically focused both on page load and continuously, whenever the top bar is invisible.

Playlist positioning is also fixed (not perfectly, currently only when the window is maximized, but I will try to improve that later).

rnd
§
Pubblicato: 07/07/2015
Modificato: 07/07/2015

Sorry it took me a while to respond here. I just wanted to say I really love both of these changes. Autofocus is implemented, and pressing escape to search is just so fast, and a great alternative to scroll-to-focus which is not my cup of tea.

Thanks a lot, you're awesome.

Anon 2Autore
§
Pubblicato: 07/07/2015
Modificato: 07/07/2015

There'll be a new minor version soon (0.2.2) that fixes the need to press escape several times to exit the search bar.

I also added the control-left and control-right shortcuts to go backward and forward and in the playlist (hopefully they wouldn't conflict with existing shortcuts).

I had a version that automatically unfocused the player (once) when the page is not scrolled to the top, but some people might like the controls available when reading the comments (for audio-only navigation). The problem is that the player "hijacks" the up and down keys for volume control so it is not possible to use them for scrolling. I'll try to see if I can disable them somehow..

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.