MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-09-11

Errors in Chrome and Firefox

Hey Feihtality, I know what a pain it can be to get a script up and running so I am posting all of the Errors I am seeing currently hopefully you can figure out whats goin on.

Firefox: I was using an older version, not sure which so sorry about that, but I was seeing it attempt to parse data (it kept hitting exceed limit requests error) but let it keep going until it said it was complete and had updated the database. Unfortunately the database appears to be empty, when I try to export it and open that in an editor all I see is a {}. The following error was displayed in firebug with 13 copies of this error.
Empty string passed to getElementById().
I read somewhere that this is a jquery error but I did not understand how to fix it. I updated to the most recent version you have released ( 0.8173) and I see the same error as before but now none of the buttons other than restore do anything. It will not parse, will not show "no results found", nothing. For both firefox versions I did attempt to use your delete database and refresh option, but yielded the exact same results.

Chrome: Again I tried an older version and the most recent update (still 0.8173) and receive 11 of the following errors.
ERROR: Execution of script 'MTurk HIT Database Mk.II' failed! Cannot read property 'href' of undefined
Again I have no idea how to fix this. After that error though when I press the update button, in the most recent version I now receive these two errors.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'message' of undefined
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set property 'color' of undefined(…)

I will keep testing and leaving feedback if you let me know what you would like me to do.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-09-11
Edited: 2015-09-11

Even if the database is completely empty, it should not be possible for the script to create a backup file with nothing but an empty {} string. Were there any error messages in the console?

The getElementById() warning is not a problem with the script. It is an error on MTurk's side of things on their tooltip handling as shown in the screenshot. I also do not use jquery.

What were you doing when you got the Cannot read property 'href' of undefined error? Can you post context from the console?

§
Posted: 2015-09-12
Edited: 2015-09-12

All of the empty databases were on an older version of your script, Tomorrow some time I will attempt to redownload them and repeat the error and post it for you. Until then on your latest version only in chrome did I receive the cannot read property error, I disabled all scripts and it goes away, as soon as I enable your script it appears when the page is refreshed. Upon hitting the button to update database I get the errors shown in the pic below. I spaced them out a little so you could see all the text from the reload of page and then skip a few spaces and the errors received during update database button.

feihtalityAuthor
§

If the empty database error does not occur in the latest version, it's likely to already have been fixed.

The last two TypeError exceptions are there only because the script aborted execution due to the first error. The first error occurs during the injection of Projected Earnings, but I am unable to reproduce it and I haven't had any other reports with that issue. I'll need a bit more information.

Please input the following into the console.

$$(".metrics-table")[5].querySelector(".metrics-table-first-value").children[0]

Let me know what it returns. It should be a reference to the very first link under the "Your HIT Status" section of the dashboard.

§

I will attempt to use that code in the console when I get home from work a little later, until then, I went through the older versions you have posted, attempted to use them in both chrome and firefox and from the newest working my way down the list, the last one that works for me was v0.7.697. Once I found a working version that would actually create and write to a database and was accessable, I then attempted to update to the newest version and again update the database, no go. I received nothing from pressing the update button and it went back to telling me there were no results to my searches when pressing any of the buttons to show anything from the database.

Like I said, I will do the metrics when I get home and post the results.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-09-13

On reexamining your earlier screenshot, I think I know what's causing these errors. You haven't been turking long enough for Amazon to insert the yearly earnings info which alters the expected position of the "Your HIT Status" table, causing the script to fail.

I've made the detection smarter in the newest version (v0.8.210) which should fix the issue you've been getting. Let me know if it works.

Thank you for reporting and for your patience in this matter. I appreciate it.

Sign in to post a reply.