Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Question/comment

§
Posted: 12 Desember 2018

Can't search with site:

Hi, I have a problem with searching within a given website using site: command. Everything works without a specific keyword, when putting for example only "site:youtube.com", but if I put anything before it, for example "trailer site:youtube.com", the entire modifier site:youtube.com disappears from the search box and I get the result for simple "trailer" search in google. I'm using only this one script and if I remove it (or disable grease/tamper/violent monkey, I tried in all) everything works fine. I also tried in Firefox, Cyberfox and Waterfox and situation was the same. I think it started in penultimate version of your great script and it persist in the newest one. Thanks in advance for any help :)

spmbtPembuat
§

Yes, if to search by Enter, script cleans text by /site:\s[^ ]/ pattern. If to search by press of mouse on the button, all is ok. This behavior solves a problem of repairing of search parameters site: and filetype: in new layout of Google with this script.

§

So, there is no way it can work as before? Btw, the script itself is great, many thanks for it :)

spmbtPembuat
§
Posted: 13 Desember 2018
Edited: 13 Desember 2018

It may be better after rework of this behavior. Now is result of fast resolving.

§
Posted: 13 Desember 2018

Thanks for the reply, I will patiently wait :) Keep up the good work :)

Sign in to post a reply.