Reddit "Deep Thread" Expander
For "Old" Reddit only!
When browsing comment pages on Reddit, this script changes the behaviour of "Continue this thread" links so that
when clicked, instead of loading any further child comments in a new page, the comments are loaded in the
background and inserted directly into the current page, replacing the clicked link. Any "Continue this thread" links within loaded content (including content loading via a "Load more comments" link) are also located and changed to load inline.
- Reduced size of load more links compared to comment text
- Fixed script icon
- Removed some unnecessary code
- Updated jQuery to v3 and source from unpkg.com
@icon field in metadata as SVG wasn't displaying on the installed userscript page
- Changed base-64 encoded PNG icons to an SVG icon
- Gets correct comment ID for links
- Changed location in comment HTML to use as its root
- Get children of first comment when it is already on the page
- Fix broken
- Catch failed loads, log them to the console and then restore original load link
- Handles "load more comments" links to avoid RES-incompatibility
- Highlights loaded comments
- Style tweaks
- Update to jQuery 2.2.0
GM_getResourceURL calls and use
- Changed the expand link to stretch across the width of the comments
- Hid original
.deepthread:after image better
- Replaced the current + icon, boosted font size
- Changed to begin at
processSummaries utility method
$(...).spinner() to create spinner animation
- Updated name and description
- Added Reddit icon for script
- Use data URLs for images - faster, no broken links
- Tested in Firefox/Greasemonkey and Chrome/Tampermonkey
- Rewritten using ES6 features e.g. template strings
- Simplified code
- Added JSHint settings
- Fixed potential jQuery name pollution
- Use CSS rules for styling rather than setting via jQuery
- Updated spinner icon
- Fixed sub-reddit CSS overriding the size of the expand icon
- Fixed recursive link conversion when clicking on "Load more comments"
- Added recursive link conversion
- Removed sidebar hiding for now
- Fix visibility issue with very deep nesting.
- Auto-load deep threads on page load?
- User preferences for above.