Greasy Fork is available in English.

KissAnime Anti-Adblock Blocker

Not even the people from Easylist seem to fight this site anymore, someone had to try as this looks popular enough. *sigh*

< Feedback on KissAnime Anti-Adblock Blocker

Question/comment

§
Posted: 02 April 2017

Script problems + possible solutions

First of all, thank you for making this script! Kissanime is way more responsive thanks to this script.

I've been using this script for a long time and haven't had any problems with it until a month ago. I also noticed that other Chrome users had problems so I decided to take a look at what was happening.

First problem:
https://i.imgur.com/htWE9lt.png

This error only happened when using Ublock Origin. The same problem happened in Firefox.
Because of this error, the "removing cruft" part of the code didn't run...

Adding a try catch fixed this:
try {
//override the check in Chrome and call it a day
Object.defineProperty(window, 'DoDetect2', {
configurable: false,
writable: false,
value: function()
{
console.info('[/] check overriden!');
}
});
} catch(e) {
console.log('failed to define property "DoDetect2"');
}

Second problem:
The "beforescriptexecute" event only works in firefox. Ad popups still happen for other browser users.

These popups only seem to happen because of inline javascript. Adding the selector "body > script[src],script[data-cfasync]" into the removing cruft querySelector seems to be an easy solution.

-------------

Thanks again for this script and I hope that you can use this feedback to fix some problems!

SwyterPembuat
§

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a go. Which script manager are you using?

§

I'm using tampermonkey on both firefox and chrome

SwyterPembuat
§
Posted: 03 April 2017

Give it another go when you can.

§
Posted: 03 April 2017

The script works almost perfect now!

The only thing that I would change is to place the XMLHttpRequest handler before the DOMContentLoaded event, because I just noticed that some requests activated before you removed the DOM-element. You should also copy-paste the beforescriptexecute behavior that only works in Firefox inside the XMLHttpRequest handler so that it also works for Chrome: https://pastebin.com/hKbL0UEU

I also found a new iframe element with selector: iframe[src*='check.aspx']

Sign in to post a reply.