Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube Live Filled Up View

Get maximized video-and-chat view with no margins on YouTube Live or Premieres.

< Feedback on YouTube Live Filled Up View

Question/comment

§
Posted: 03 Juni 2020
Edited: 09 Juni 2020

Only working in default mode? Theater mode?

Hey, just wanna say I really enjoy this script and, for me at least, works great when in "default mode". But the script doesn't work as intended when in "theater mode"(?). In "theater mode" the chat is still below the video (although comments and the chat-video is slightly changed from their original layout and respective positions). Is this the intended results? Or should the script also work when viewing a video in "theater mode"? If no, then can their be a "smart system" in place that can recognize when a video has live chat (as in past/present/future live broadcasts or premiere video)? Thanks once again for developing this script as I think it's a very useful feature and great use of the "empty space" left over when viewing videos on a wide screen monitor. I'm using the "new" layout on a 4k 16:9 monitor.

knoaPembuat
§
Posted: 04 Juni 2020

Okay, thanks for writing to me.

It's intended behavior that it does not change the layout in theater mode. I just want two option: 1.with chats and 2.without chats, both in full fiilled layout. (I use BigTube extension for theater mode) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bigtube-youtube-expander/gdkadbhiemijfpoochcieonikoaciapi

Then what does "smart system" mean? You just want notice "this video has chats below the theater" by something visible notification on the screen? Or you want it to automatically find the chats and change the layout from theater mode to default mode?

If you want to just notice, it could have some smart notification, but I personally use [T] key or scrolling to check wheather it has chats or not. Or if you want to automatically change to default mode, I'm sorry, I prefer to keep an option with fully full filled layout without chats.

Thank you.

§

Thanks for the quick reply to my inquiry!

Alright, I understand. I will check out that extension, thanks a lot!

Yes, regarding the "smart system" I did mean the latter explanation. The t-key was nice protip actually, thanks! But personally I would have preferred if the script could have auto-switched modes when loading a video(page) depending on if the video had live chat or not (and then you could change it manually to the other mode with the t-key).

knoaPembuat
§
Edited: 04 Juni 2020

I see!!

I thought it should CHANGE the theater layout to be with chats aside for your "smart system" request, but now I understand it just could automatically SWITCH to the default mode. I see, I see.

So I've updated the script now. Does it work well? Thank you very much for giving me a nice idea.

§
Edited: 04 Juni 2020

The switching system of modes works fine except two cases that I've noticed when testing.

Case 1: When the video has had live chat when it was broadcasted (in the past) but the uploader has disabled it later on, then the script will still switch to "default mode".

The message that is displayed (in English-language Youtube) when the a past broadcasted video has had live chat, but the uploader has disabled this in the finalized upload, is: "Live chat replay is not available for this video."

Case 2: When loading a video with no live chat (or, as in Case 1, the live chat is disabled but previously used when the video was live) the script won't change from "default mode" -> "theater mode"

You able to "fix" for these cases? Would be the perfect script after all :)

Thanks once again!! o:)

knoaPembuat
§
Posted: 14 Juni 2020
Edited: 14 Juni 2020

I understood the two cases you listed.

But you may know or notice that the video you happened to come to watch was a streaming live with chat at that time, so supposely you want to check the chat replay is available or not whatever the viewer is in theater mode or default mode, don't you?

I myself, firstly want to see/check the message "Live chat replay is not available for this video." on top with the default mode on such videos, then I will type [T] key to switch to the theater mode.

Even if it automatically or smartly stay on theater mode, the smart script supposely have detected the chat replay is not available though, I will scroll the page a bit or type [T] to confirm it by my eyes then back to the theater.

Sign in to post a reply.