Greasy Fork is available in English.

Backloggery interop

Backloggery integration with game library websites

< Feedback on Backloggery interop

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 22 April 2021

The script is excellent for synching your libraries on Backloggery.

But there are things I wish they could be implemented:

-EpicGames, Uplay, Gamejolt, Itch.io, computer folders and ITAD's synch support.

-Extend the number of synched games. When I tried to synch my 600 steam library, only 100 were added while the rest got shafted.
If only the script was more powerful with that.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Posted: 08 Mei 2021

EpicGames, Uplay, Gamejolt, Itch.io, computer folders and ITAD's synch support

It's not possible for a userscript to access data not exposed to/by a webpage it's running on (except for sites with a dedicated API that can be queried externally), which means it can't collect information from your hard drive; and AFAIK Epic Games store doesn't have a library page you can use for this purpose (it's only available from within their client app, I think?). And of course I can't write a script for scraping a game list on a site where I don't own anything (unless there's a site that allows to examine someone else's library/achievements like it was the case for PSN).

If you provide me with URLs which I can use for this purpose, I can try to implement scraping from them like I did for PSN.

As for the ones you listed… I own a couple things on Itch so I can write library scraping for it, but if the site limits amount of items on page the script will only collect those visible (as I only have a few items there and thus can't account for pagination).

…Also, for things that can't be synced by the script (like Android library), there's the option of managing them manually (for stuff like icons/banners).

Extend the number of synched games. When I tried to synch my 600 steam library, only 100 were added while the rest got shafted.

If you're talking about library page, there shouldn't be any issues with syncing from All Games tab (I have more than twice as many games, and all of them update properly, except for the few hidden by Steam as they were kicked out from the store or something). …Though from what I've seen by opening others' profiles, if you have more than a couple thousand games the browser may struggle with opening the page itself (I'm not talking about userscripts here, the native Steam website rendering appears to be terribly slow when rendering that many list items).

And if you're talking about syncing achievements, Steam doesn't have a page with achievements information on all user's games (the script syncs from Recent Games tab but it only has information for several games; and it also syncs from individual achievements pages). There's support for batch sync from astats.astats.nl, but you need to enable displaying information on all games for it to be scraped.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Edited: 08 Mei 2021

[Damn, comment editing gets blocked almost instantly on this site…]
If you believe the script doesn't work as intended, you may want to share more information about the issue – such as describe what exactly you were doing and how specifically you determined that it failed (screenshots might be helpful here), and of course if you have relevant technical knowledge you could be able to tell what exactly went wrong.

You can also try sharing your Storage data (open the script in Tampermonkey, switch to Storage tab, then click on textarea and select text with Ctrl+A, then post it on Pastebin as a JSON and give me the link to it); it should contain the data synced from Steam, as well as linked Backloggery entries.

§

You can also try sharing your Storage data (open the script in Tampermonkey, switch to Storage tab, then click on textarea and select text with Ctrl+A, then post it on Pastebin as a JSON and give me the link to it); it should contain the data synced from Steam, as well as linked Backloggery entries.

Here my Storage data:
https://pastebin.com/bizVBUjx

I hope it could be any of use.

If you provide me with URLs which I can use for this purpose, I can try to implement scraping from them like I did for PSN.

I'm sorry, I can only access to my library through the client and I don't know how to scoop a line refering to my games without risking to getting banned or something.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Posted: 10 Mei 2021

Here my Storage data: https://pastebin.com/bizVBUjx

What you posted there is the script itself… Check out the attached screenshot to see what I meant by “storage data”.
…Also, as I mentioned, describing your exact actions (how you synced your Steam data and how you determined that some data wasn't synced) and/or supplying relevant screenshots would help with figuring out your issue.

I'm sorry, I can only access to my library through the client and I don't know how to scoop a line refering to my games without risking to getting banned or something.

…And since a userscript cannot access the data of your client either, expecting it to keep track of it automatically would not be reasonable :-)

§

I'm sorry for the mistake, here the proper data:

https://pastebin.com/FPHaqn6a

Regarding the actions, I just enter the Games page (/games/?tab=all) on Steam Community and it automatically import the games on Backloggery, according to the istructions.

Speaking od istructions, the script was modified to replace [username] with my steam ID, or else the import wouldn't have never been happened in the first place.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Edited: 10 Mei 2021

here the proper data: https://pastebin.com/FPHaqn6a

The site prevents me from accessing the file, says it's either private or pending moderation.

Regarding the actions, I just enter the Games page (/games/?tab=all) on Steam Community and it automatically import the games on Backloggery, according to the istructions.

If you're talking about the message on the screenshot, it says what changed since last scan (so the games that haven't been added/removed aren't counted).

Speaking od istructions, the script was modified to replace [username] with my steam ID, or else the import wouldn't have never been happened in the first place.

The instructions clearly say you're supposed to configure your Steam ID to sync from these pages (so that the script scans your library only, as opposed to everyone's); see attached screenshot for example/clarification.

§
Posted: 11 Mei 2021

I'm sorry, Pastebin don't want to publish the bin due to "innapropriate contenents" according to the site's smart filters.

The only way is putting the JSON file here on PrivateBin (24h time limit before it explires):

https://privatebin.net/?d3535b9bfd326fd9#AhH8fAC4YoRus2HpuDKzHu8VagYzDDqnfFdix79kq3kH

Regarding the message, I should've made the screenshot before importing any game, my bad.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Posted: 12 Mei 2021

The only way is putting the JSON file here on PrivateBin (24h time limit before it explires)

Sorry, I don't monitor this site on daily basis.

You could make a private gist on Github, it shouldn't have any weird filters to prevent the link from being accessed.

§
Posted: 20 Mei 2021

Sorry for the hiatus, I was busy with uni studies.

Here the private gist of the storage data:

https://gist.github.com/a937f5e124d3418dbe2bc91b158c548f.git

Anyway, I noticed that Gamersgate's site changed the look, making the button disappear from the /account/games/ page.

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Posted: 28 Mei 2021

Here the private gist of the storage data

The steam section of this data contains 623 records, so it seems to me that your library was indeed synced correctly. The sync message says how many records was added/removed (since last sync), and the list of changes on the backlog page only displays records which had their data modified/removed; so my guess here is that you either misinterpreted these messages, or possibly haven't linked these records to Backloggery records (this happens either automatically when rendering the backlog, or in case of a name mismatch it can be done manually on Backloggery edit game page).

You can check how many unlinked Steam games you have in your storage on Backloggery add game page (in platform selection dropdown).

Anyway, I noticed that Gamersgate's site changed the look, making the button disappear from the /account/games/ page.

Oh, good catch. I'll need to update that… Though it seems they removed almost all information about the games from the library page… And most games I own there no longer have a details page (not that there's any link to it for existing one) :-D

LeXofLeviafanPembuat
§
Posted: 02 November 2022

…I've kinda disappeared for a while, but now I'm available again; and in an interesting turn of events, I ended up fixing/implementing a bunch of things mentioned here:

• Sync message was made clearer
  • GamersGate support was fixed
  • Itch.io support was added
  • EpicGames support was added (to use it, launcher cache needs to be manually provided; see details in the script information)

Sign in to post a reply.