Greasy Fork is available in English.

Add YouTube Video Progress

Adds a progress bars (or dots) at bottom of video, a progress text which includes video quality and subtitle indicators, and a chapter title box on the YouTube video page.

< Feedback on Add YouTube Video Progress

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 04 Juni 2020
Edited: 05 Juni 2020

Small info-box/window "blinking" randomly?

Having an issue with the small info-box/window that is displayed next to the number of views of the video and the date of upload/broadcast. The box/window "blinks" (like comes and goes) in random intervals and I've not been able to find a specific pattern to it, sometimes it happens about once a second, other times it says visible for several seconds before blinking again. I want to ask if this is a common "issue" or if this is new? I'm using the "new" Youtube layout and with dark theme enabled (and having it disabled won't fix it on my end). In the meantime I have blocked the element in question (vidprogress) with ublock (as the blinking is quite distracting!) Otherwise great script with QoL progress bar and useful info-box/window as well!

jcunewsPembuat
§

It's kind of a known problem, when the progress text container element need to be resized. The script has been updated to work around this by increasing the minimum width of the element. The value is the min-width CSS style specified in the progressTextStyles configuration variable. If it blinks again, increase that value.

§

I updated the script but the problem is still present :( I also tried manually editing the "min-width" from 32ex to 64ex but the problem is still present even with the larger element-window... I find it so weird :/

jcunewsPembuat
§
Posted: 05 Juni 2020

OK, it should be fixed now. Had to sacrifice a minor feature which is probably not commonly used.

§
Edited: 05 Juni 2020

Works flawlessly now as far as I can tell, thank you very much!

EDIT: Found a new issue(?) Now the script seems to be broken and "hit-or-miss", as in, it sometimes won't display the progress bar and duration in the text container at all. Example of the text container from a 1080p-video:

§

The above problem seems to sometimes depend on if I open a new video with a new tab in the background or if I open the video from the same tab I watched a previous video (example when visiting the YouTube home page and picking a random video to watch on the same tab).

jcunewsPembuat
§

Yes, I've just noticed it. I've updated the script to work around it.

§

Unfortunately it still won't work, same problem with not displaying the progress bar and having "???" after the video quality in the text container :(

jcunewsPembuat
§
Posted: 06 Juni 2020

OK. This update should fix it.

§
Posted: 06 Juni 2020

Thank you! Seems to work fine now, will report back if I find any future issues!!

Sign in to post a reply.