Greasy Fork is available in English.

Auto Close YouTube Ads

Close and/or Mute YouTube ads automatically!

< Feedback on Auto Close YouTube Ads

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018.07.13.

Stopped working today

The script no longer skips and closes ads for me. Looks like YouTube changed something in the site again.

§
Posted: 2018.07.13.

Here too :(

§
Posted: 2018.07.14.
Edited: 2018.07.14.

fuzetsuAuthor
§
Posted: 2018.07.16.

Still works for me on chrome, will have to try firefox and see if something is wrong there.

fuzetsuAuthor
§

Just tried it on the latest firefox with both tampermonkey and greasemonkey and it seems to work fine, although it looks like the menu options are broken on greasemonkey.

§

@fuzetsu said: Just tried it on the latest firefox with both tampermonkey and greasemonkey and it seems to work fine, although it looks like the menu options are broken on greasemonkey.

Thing is, script works just fine when i'm in incognito mode, but when I log in my account, it stops working. I think youtube makes some design changes but enables them not at all accounts at once. For example Theater Mode now occupies almost full screen when i am logged in, but when I log out and clear cookies it looks as usual. By the way, I managed to fix the script for me by changing waitAndClick arguments to use the new elements.

§
Edited: 2018.07.16.

Here's an example with the screenshots of close ad button source code. https://imgur.com/a/RMHRhhk

§
Posted: 2018.07.18.
Edited: 2018.07.18.

@fuzetsu ha detto: Just tried it on the latest firefox with both tampermonkey and greasemonkey and it seems to work fine, although it looks like the menu options are broken on greasemonkey.

Will you update the script? I have firefox and tampermonkey but the script doesn't work anymore :(

fuzetsuAuthor
§
Posted: 2018.07.18.

I apparently don't have access to the new design for YouTube yet so I can't really do much. Nikolay provided me with the new selector for the popup ads so I can fix those (although I can't test if it works). If someone sends me the selectors for the mute button and the ad UI/skip button then I could probably try updating it.

§
Posted: 2018.07.19.

@fuzetsu ha detto: I apparently don't have access to the new design for YouTube yet so I can't really do much. Nikolay provided me with the new selector for the popup ads so I can fix those (although I can't test if it works). If someone sends me the selectors for the mute button and the ad UI/skip button then I could probably try updating it.

If you can tell me how to do that (i don't know where are the selectors) i will :D

fuzetsuAuthor
§
Posted: 2018.07.19.

Pause a video while an ad is playing and the skip button is visible, then right click on the skip button and choose inspect element, then send a screenshot.

Right click on the mute/audio button and inspect element and send me a screenshot.

With that I can try to update it :smile:

§
Posted: 2018.07.20.

AND AND also the close button because it doesn't work anymore

§
Posted: 2018.07.23.

@fuzetsu ha detto: Pause a video while an ad is playing and the skip button is visible, then right click on the skip button and choose inspect element, then send a screenshot.

Right click on the mute/audio button and inspect element and send me a screenshot.

With that I can try to update it :smile:

https://github.com/Zren/ResizeYoutubePlayerToWindowSize Why don't you collaborate with the creator of this other script? It would be awesome to join those 2 scripts :D

§
Posted: 2018.08.01.

Is a fix being worked on? When do you plan to release it?

§
Posted: 2018.08.12.

@PlutoMonkey said: Is a fix being worked on? When do you plan to release it?

Fixed it myself.

§
Posted: 2018.08.29.

@PlutoMonkey ha detto:

@PlutoMonkey said: Is a fix being worked on? When do you plan to release it?

Fixed it myself.

Please can you share your fixed version with us? :(

§
Posted: 2018.09.09.

Does anyone know how to fix this script?

§
Posted: 2018.10.19.

I can confirm, the script is broken.

Sign in to post a reply.