Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-01-24
Edited: 2020-01-24

Can't click the "block" button on Google if it's in the "cite line"

I've chosen "Block button position: cite line", so that I get the "Cached" and "Similar" buttons. But when I do, I can't click it anymore. The "Cached" and "Similar" buttons cover it over. Even if the site doesn't have "Cached" and "Similar" buttons, when I try to click the "Block" button, it clicks the search result URL instead.

§
Posted: 2020-01-25

Thank you for reporting this. I don't know whether I can fix it in the "cite on top" format without also unlinking the cite -- i.e., clicking the cite would no longer load the result. Would that be okay?

§
Posted: 2020-01-26
Edited: 2020-01-26

I guess it would be ok, I'm not sure. I try to click on the title to go to the search result, but I don't know how often I miss and click on the cite instead. I could probably get used to it if necessary.

The main reason I chose cite is because I Iiked being able to see the "Cached" link. Since the "block" link stopped working I've gone back to having it on the headline, and just use the dropdown if I want to go to the cached page. It's not so bad, and these days I mostly use StartPage anyway. But I notice that the "block" button wraps around to its own line fairly often too, when there's a long headline. So I do prefer having in the cite line if possible, because that doesn't seem to happen. I thought I'd report it while I was here reporting a couple of other things... if you can fix it, it would be nice.

§
Posted: 2020-01-26

Version 2.1.2 (just uploaded) should hopefully fix this.

§
Posted: 2020-01-27

Thanks - it's improved, the "cached" and "similar" links are no longer on top of the "block" link. But I still can't click on the "block" link, it just goes to the search result URL.

§
Posted: 2020-01-27

Oops, I tested with my other script* active so apparently that was fixing that issue.

I will need to find a way to address it that won't conflict...

§
Posted: 2020-08-16

Sorry for the delay, someone else reminded me of this problem. It should be fixed in version 2.1.4 (moves the block button to the action menu area instead of into the actual cite line).

Sign in to post a reply.