Eza's Pixiv Fixiv

Loads all manga pages at once in a simplified vertical layout

< Feedback on Eza's Pixiv Fixiv

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-04-19

Suggestion: "restore" button

Hey,

first off thanks for the great tool, been using it for years now! After the latest pixiv update however, I think it would be nice to have a "Restore" button that shows the unmodified pixiv page for multiple image pages (like it worked before the update by hitting back or still does work for single image pages). I find myself needing links on the original page often enough and it seems the only way to get to the original page in the new update is by temporarily disabling Tampermonkey, which is somewhat tedious.

EzaliasAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-04-19

I wrote a detailed apologetic explanation of why that behavior was now a technical hurdle, then immediately discovered a workaround. Wish I'd tried it yesterday.

Anyway: that now works. Thank you for the feedback. These things linger if nobody speaks up.

How do you feel about the different thumbnails?

§
Posted: 2019-04-20

That was quick, I thought this might be tricky to do too. But I seem to have a buggy behavior. Going back works, but it immediately changes to fixiv view again once the page is loaded. Repeating results in the url ending like "..&dnr&dnr&dnr&dnr&manga". I run on Tampermonkey v4.9.5921, possible issue with this, or a real bug?

Not sure what you mean with different thumbnail, but I imagine you mean different scale options in the fixiv view? Imho it's everything one could want, personally I basically always use 'Fit if larger', but that's personal prefernce - I imagine all can find some use and it's not like the buttons are inconvenient.

The only minor nitpick I have is that it would be great if the fixiv view could load with not the top of the page at the top, but already the first image at the top. Or in other words, automatically "click" the first thumbnail when loading the page. It's a very minor thing, but personally the first thing I do when fixiv view has loaded is clicking the first thumbnail, 99.99% of the time.

EzaliasAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-04-22

I couldn't get Tampermonkey to repeat that redirect behavior, so I made the @exclude broader and added code the stop the script regardless. Tell me if it still fails.

The thumbnails at the top of the page were originally the full-sized images, displayed 100px tall. Now they use actual smaller images.

I probably won't change the default scrolling behavior. But you could edit the script: where it adds "&manga" to the URL, changing that to "&manga#0" should scroll to the first image.

§
Posted: 2019-04-22

That fixed it. I didn't really notice the thumbnail chainge, I guess I don't really have a preference for those. And easy enough edit to get the wanted scrolling behavior.

Thanks

Sign in to post a reply.