Greasy Fork is available in English.

Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Commentaires sur Netflix - subtitle downloader

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 18/05/2023

Download subtitles for all languages.
Hello, I rediscovered this script which is the only one allowing to get the subtitles and to convert them into SRT while keeping the original tags proposed by Netflix (an8 for example). In addition to the fact that it is very easy to use and very fast!
Only I would have hoped to be able to download all the subtitle languages proposed for a content. Via the "Netflix4K" plugin it is possible to unlock all available languages, regardless of the zoning of the session I guess.
However, the script proposed here does not seem to be able to use it to retrieve these additional subtitles.
Is there a solution to this?
Thanks again for your work!

§
Posté le: 20/05/2023

Have you tried that addon? My script tries to unlock all languages but Netflix blocked it some time ago. Anyway, if that addon really unlocks languages then my script should download them.

§
Posté le: 28/05/2023

Yes, I've tried the 2 extensions simultaneously but only part of the subtitles download.

§
Posté le: 16/06/2023

But does it actually work in that addon? Or are you just copy-pasting their description? I'm not sure what addon you're even talking about. And I can't test it because I don't have a Netflix acc at the moment. But since you say that even with that addon installed my script can't download all subs then there are 3 possible reasons why:

1. That addon doesn't unlock all languages.
  2. That addon uses external subs.
  3. That addon doesn't use the current Netflix player JavaScript.

BTW, my script has a switch to show all languages - is it turned on or off?

§
Posté le: 20/06/2023

This script by itself actually does unlock all languages for me (using the switch), and I can view them normally in the player, but it can't download them. I don't know what must have changed for one thing to work but not the other.

§

Netflix changed, that's what. Can't fix it.

Just confirm one thing - you download subs for an episode/a movie - you see a language is missing but you can select it in the player - what happens when you select it in the player and download subs again? Do you get subs for that language?

§

If I select it in the player and download again, it's there. Doing that works with 1 or 2 missing languages.

§

At least you can get them that way. I can't fix it. Player sends the active subtitle language to the server and my script grabs subs from the response. You can't send two languages. And I'm definitely not going to rework my script to make those requests myself - it's overcomplicated and breaks often. All I can do is edit the requests made by the player.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.