Google Search Sidebar

A user script and user style to move Google search tools to sidebar.

< Feedback on Google Search Sidebar

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-09-18
Edited: 2019-09-27

Odd behaviour & layout issue on Google Image Results.

Hi dude, your script is just works awesome!, but i'm having some issues using it lately.

It turns out that is giving me some uncomfortable views on Google Image Results specifically upon buttons alongside the random images by reducing the size of the ones.

the script leaves a large free "blank" (black) space when i enable it and there's no way to see any of text fields under each image.

And when i disable it leaves another large free blank space on the right side.

Any fix to this? /:

Needs an update!

mnghsnAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-09-18

It's because that Google updated the image search design. I'll take a look as soon as I can. :smile:

§
Posted: 2019-09-19
Edited: 2019-09-19

@jmlntw dijo: It's because that Google updated the image search design. I'll take a look as soon as I can. :smile:

Sure (:

§
Posted: 2019-09-25
Edited: 2019-09-25

There is another thing google did. I am not sure if a script could easily fix it but they removed a few options. Such as larger than and search for exact image size. Example: 1920x1080.

Makes finding images a thousand times harder as you get stuck with many low quality images or images that don't match the size you want for any number of reasons. Like when you need a photo a certain size for a banner or an avatar or your desktop background or maybe you are just looking for higher quality images.

If there is a way you can hack some of the missing stuff back in that would be awesome. I know I can manually modify the url to search for exact image size but it is a pain in the butt.

mnghsnAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-10-12

A new version is released to fix the new image search layout you mentioned in 1st post. Please give a try.

Due to lack of time, bringing back "Exact Image Size" menu isn't the priority at the moment.

§
Posted: 2019-10-21

@jmlntw dijo: A new version is released to fix the new image search layout you mentioned in 1st post. Please give a try.

Due to lack of time, bringing back "Exact Image Size" menu isn't the priority at the moment.

it works well (:

Sign in to post a reply.