AO3: Tag Hider

Hide tags automatically when there are too many tags. Add hide/show tags button to browsing page and reading page.

< Feedback on AO3: Tag Hider

Review: Good - script works

how do i hide all tags by default

hi, first of all thank you for sharing this script. on the other hand i must confess i know nothing about scripts and how they work, but i found yours and i was wondering if there's a way to hide all the tags automatically from all works with it? from what i see i can choose to display or not additional tags/warnings outside from fandom going work by work in the reading page of a main tag, but i was looking for something to hide them all unless i purposefully seeked them out? if it can't be done, it's ok, i just wanted to ask if it could be achieved and how. thank you in advance if you read this.

VanniusAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-11-23
Edited: 2019-11-24

Hi, please follow the steps below to hide all tags on all works of browsing page.

1. Open Dashboard of Tampermonkey
  2. Open AO3: Tag Hider script from Installed userscripts
  3. Change config setting by
    // Config
    const MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 15;
    // When number_of_tags > MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE, hide tags on browsing page.
    // If MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 0, hide tags always on browsing page.
    // If MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 1000, show tags always on browsing page.

// Config
    const MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 0;
    // When number_of_tags > MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE, hide tags on browsing page.
    // If MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 0, hide tags always on browsing page.
    // If MAX_TAGS_ON_BROWSING_PAGE = 1000, show tags always on browsing page.
  1. Save modified script

Please let me know if you have more problems.

§
Posted: 2019-11-23
Edited: 2019-11-23

thank you! apparently my problem was that i wasn't saving the changes i was making facepalms

but now i don't see the warnings/tags in my feed happy

VanniusAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-11-24

Glad to be of service.

Sign in to post a reply.