ppixiv for Pixiv

Better Pixiv viewing | Fullscreen images | Faster searching | Bigger thumbnails | Download ugoira MKV | Ugoira seek bar | Download manga ZIP | One-click like, bookmark, follow | One-click zoom and pan

< Feedback on ppixiv for Pixiv

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-10-17
Edited: 2019-10-28

Image-viewing

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option that lets you move around a zoomed-in image using the arrow keys (instead of them just jumping up or down a page). Quick double-taps of arrow keys or something like that could cover functions like page navigation, maybe, so you wouldn't have to use a mouse at all the see each full image, from top to bottom, right to left, in a gallery. With the recent pixiv changes, I can't find a single extension or user script that lets me do this. I would really appreciate it.

ppixivAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-10-18

Are you trying to hook up a remote? It's hard to think of a way to make panning images with keyboard inputs work well. It's also a little incongruous with the UI, since it's designed to let you do almost everything with only the mouse if you want to.

I'll give it some thought, but it would help to know a bit more about how it would actually be used...

§
Posted: 2019-10-18

I'm actually just thinking about my laptop keyboard since I browse pixiv while lying on my side a lot, so navigating with the arrow keys through at least the actual art is much easier than straining to use my touchpad/mouse.

There's a user script called Eza's Pixiv Fixiv on here that lets you resize the images however you want (i.e. to match the width of your browser) with a click and then use arrow keys to go through everything. If I'm reading a page of manga, for example, I'll be able to enlarge it to an easier-to-read size with a single click, then use arrow keys to read from right to left before moving down the same page to start at the right again.

But I don't like that user script because it messes with the UI so much that you effectively aren't on a pixiv page anymore (there's no way to see the artist, go to other works, and so on. I don't think I can even bookmark things there). Thus, my request. Does this make better sense?

Sign in to post a reply.