Stylus Auditor

Audit Stylus styles for the current page to list all applied styles, and list any CSS rules which have mismatched selectors or overridden styles. This script is designed to be used as a bookmarklet. To use this script, create a new bookmark with this URL (no quote): "javascript:ujs_stylusAuditor()", then use the bookmark on a website with UserStyle applied using Stylus.

< Feedback on Stylus Auditor

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-07-17
Edited: 2019-07-18

Stylus Auditor - Test on Chrome....

As you explain, I create a favorit with address: javascript:ujs_stylusAuditor()

But when using it, i don't show the Stylus audit ... I have not tested on Firefox.

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-07-18

The script works on both Chrome and Firefox. It was tested with TamperMonkey, but there shouldn't be a problem with ViolentMonkey. I do not support the GreaseMonkey addon.

§
Posted: 2019-07-18
Edited: 2019-07-18

After restarting Chrome, Yes, it work now.

So , now in the rapport error, i can see a bunch of : /* selector mismatch */

/* overridden styles */

And i don't see in which style they are (name = n/a - no mention in rapport). Why these errors if in Stylus i can't see none (using StyleLint).

Tested for my flickr userstyles:

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-07-19

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the script that Stylus doesn't provide a way to retrieve the name of the applied styles. The style ID is the only retrievable information. The script already include a workaround for this, but I simply forgot to mention this workaround.

The script has been updated to include a note in the auditor page to explain this matter as well as an instruction to manually name a UserStyle.

§
Posted: 2019-07-19

Thanks for sharing

Sign in to post a reply.