Youtube Prevent Playlist Auto Advance (HTML5)

Pause HTML5 videos with one second remaining in playlists

< Feedback on Youtube Prevent Playlist Auto Advance (HTML5)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-03-21

Doesn't work

I don't know what's wrong with it but it doesn't pause videos at all, just makes them go to the next one sooner. I even turned off all of my Youtube-related extensions, and still :(

§
Posted: 2019-06-03
Edited: 2019-06-03

I had the same issue. YouTube have done something to their site I think that's interfering with extensions that try to deal with playlist Autoplay (some older extensions for the old site stopped work also). To fix it, I did the following:

1) Click the Tampermonkey icon on your browser whilst on a YouTube page. Right-click the script's name. This should open up the script in a new page. You'll see the script's code on this page.

2) Simply look where it says " if (!paused && len - pos < 1.5) {" in both instances of the code and change it to 1.5. By default, it's set to 1.0 - changing it to about 1.5 seems to make it work again.

Screenshot of code line: https://i.imgur.com/pS6YwWX.png

Let me know if this works. It did for me. Sometimes it may stop your video sooner (2 seconds before), but it's better than nothing. I use this extension because there's no other way to disable autoplay right now.

§
Posted: 2019-06-04

Yes, it worked. Thank you! However, any extensions dealing with Youtube still prevent it from working, unfortunately. (I'm currently using Youtube Classic + Youtube Plus)

§
Posted: 2019-06-05

Upd: Seems to be working with Enhancer for YouTube. Thanks again!

Sign in to post a reply.