Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-12-11

Can sombody translate the interface text to Chinese?

Not everyone can speak/read/write English……

§
Posted: 2018-12-13

I definitely do not speak/read/write Chinese. Is there a forum with a lot of Chinese speakers where someone might be interested in working on a translation?

§
Posted: 2018-12-24

@"Jefferson Scher" 说道: I definitely do not speak/read/write Chinese. Is there a forum with a lot of Chinese speakers where someone might be interested in working on a translation?

I read this from bbs kafan.cn. And I am also a script writer, anything I can do, I would like to help. Or maybe I can translate this script with this version into CN.

§
Posted: 2018-12-24

Hi inDarkness, what is a good approach to making a userscript multilingual? Are there successful examples?

Thinking about this in general, I think there are (at least) three aspects:

(1) Modify the script to store the text strings in variables, for example:

var strings = {
  en: { closeButton: "Close", ... }, 
  zh-CN: { closeButton: "TBD", ... } 
};

(2) Provide some UI to users to switch between available languages; possibly choose the initial language based on the value of navigator.language

(3) Modify sizing of dialogs to accommodate differences, and standardize fonts to work around website differences

Of course, there will be bugs...

§
Posted: 2018-12-25

Hmm, I started working on this, but I'm getting a lot of errors. It's probably a better idea to copy the script and create a separate translated version if you want to get started right away.

§
Posted: 2018-12-25
Edited: 2018-12-25

@"Jefferson Scher" 说道: Hmm, I started working on this, but I'm getting a lot of errors. It's probably a better idea to copy the script and create a separate translated version if you want to get started right away.

:D :D I considered that problem too, and what I thought is just the same as your's. But create a new script may have some differences from the ori script, it there anything I should notice in the Redme please let me know. :p :p

§
Posted: 2019-01-23

@"Jefferson Scher" 说道: Hmm, I started working on this, but I'm getting a lot of errors. It's probably a better idea to copy the script and create a separate translated version if you want to get started right away.

:D Hmm, I imitate your script.And add it in my script.I think it is necessary to message you. The function ways is a copy of your's. While my script is in CN, and your's is in EN.Thanks for your idea at this script.

§
Posted: 2019-03-01

Hi, I was traveling for a few weeks. Did you have a question about the license? The code is available to re-use under https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause

For a userscript hosted on this site, I would be happy with a short attribution like:

// Contains some code from Google Hit Hider by Domain, https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1682-google-hit-hider-by-domain-search-filter-block-sites

Sign in to post a reply.