ao3 savior config

Config script for AO3 Savior userscript

< Feedback on ao3 savior config

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2018-06-20

not working

Nothing shows up on archive to let me know the script is working.

No new button or anything to exclude works, etc.

tuffAuthor
§

This script doesn't add any buttons, except when it blocks a work.

What did you see when you followed the debugging steps?

"Dobby" works are being blocked for me (although I had to scroll a bit to find one as most are tagged with "Dobby (Harry Potter)".

tuffAuthor
§

Heads up - I just updated the debugging steps to specify testing with the Jar Jar Binks tag rather than Dobby, to avoid the tag mismatch issue. The userscripts are working and their behaviour hasn't changed, but the simple test case is clearer now.

§
Posted: 2020-02-19

I've tried to blacklist several pairings/dynamics/characters I dislike but they're not vanishing on AO3 no matter how many times I refresh the page

tuffAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-02-19

What did you see when you followed the debugging steps?

§
Posted: 2020-02-20

@tuff said: What did you see when you followed the debugging steps? it all looks normal on the actual configuration; it was working for a little while and has continued to block some of the things I blacklisted but I went back to add more stuff and nothing happened. All the stuff I typed is there, but none of it is going away on my AO3 window.

tuffAuthor
§

If the default configuration works then it's likely to be a problem with your config. You can try the advanced debugging steps yourself, or you can post your config here (please use a code block) and I will try the steps myself.

§

@tuff said: If the default configuration works then it's likely to be a problem with your config. You can try the advanced debugging steps yourself, or you can post your config here (please use a code block) and I will try the steps myself. The debugging worked perfectly! But now it's claiming there's a parsing error with 'tagBlacklist' and I'm not sure how to fix that

tuffAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-02-22

Look for bad syntax in the tagBlacklist section of your config. It will be something like a missing quote, comma, or bracket. Try a tool like https://jshint.com/ to look for problems.

Sign in to post a reply.