GDocs form field focus

Places the cursor in the first text field on a Google Docs form. Useful if you use the form in combination with a barcode scanner for example.

< Feedback on GDocs form field focus

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-06-19

stopped working

Hi. This stopped working for me. Tried FF and Chrome with Tampermonkey and the text field is not longer highlighted as before. I use a card scanner for the field so it's a problem for me. Other scripts (eg GDocs Display Blank form after submit) work fine still. any ideas? I've tried re-installing everything, no luck. Thanks in advance

MelgiorAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-06-19

Hi there, I just tested and the script seems to be working for me, both for Gsuite and regular accounts. Could you share a link to your form with me in a direct message? I promiss I won't submit any data, just to check if there's anything specific about your form that's different from my test form :)

§
Posted: 2020-08-26

Hi. This has also stopped working for me. I'm using the same form that previously worked, but had to update Chrome. I've cleared cache, but still won't work on multiple accounts. Did you find a solution? TamperMonkey shows the script as running, but the cursor doesn't move. The other scripts (submit and new form) work just fine. Thanks for anything you can do! I really depend on these scripts, and cannot thank you enough for creating them! I'm still using stable TamperMonkey, not the Beta in Chrome on a Chromebox.

MelgiorAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-28

Hi Sue, happy to hear that it is useful for you! I noticed that the script stopped working on Chrome even though it did still work in Firefox which is my normal browser. I made a small change that got it working again in Chrome for me, could you please update your script (should be version 0.3) and try if this also works for you?

§
Posted: 2020-09-09

Hi Melgior, this is "sorta" working. I have to refresh the screen a couple of times to get the cursor to jump to the field. Any suggestions? Many thanks.....

Sign in to post a reply.