YouTube Auto Buffer & Auto HD

Buffers the video without autoplaying and puts it in HD if the option is on. For Firefox, Opera, & Chrome

< Feedback on YouTube Auto Buffer & Auto HD

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-04-01

YouTube has broken the script again

Videos are no longer auto pausing. Win7, FF37.0, Script version 1.2.87, GreaseMonkey 3.1

§

Same issue with me using Firefox 37.

§

Tried downgrading to Flash 13, same issue.

§

Possible correction to my original statement blaming YouTube - just realised (after noticing another, separate, YouTube video bug) POSSIBLY caused by the Firefox 37 update as this happened around the same time as the update. Plus from release notes, possible culprit?:

"Implemented a subset of the Media Source Extensions (MSE) API to allow native HTML5 playback on YouTube (Windows Vista or later only)"

§
Posted: 2015-04-03

lol. Nice catch JDPower. Not sure if this can be fixed by the script or not.

§
Posted: 2015-04-03
Edited: 2015-04-03

§
Posted: 2015-04-04

This has either fixed itself, or a fix I've implemented to fix several other bugs has fixed this too.

Brad try this: go into about:config, find the entry "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled" and check if it's set to true, if not, set it to true, restart browser, then see if this script works again.

§
Edited: 2015-04-04

Hi JDPower, I just updated to Firefox 37.0.1 and Flash is back again. Mozilla must have fixed it. "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled" is set to true already.

So glad it's fixed, HTML5 video player needs work. I almost panicked there.

§

Interesting, things do appear to be working better in 37.0.1, even if I set that value back to how it caused issues, so script problem resolved (there are still some bugs caused by that value, but not relevant to this script now)

JoeSimmonsAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-04-14

So it's all working, now? I never noticed a problem (I have mine set to "Stop Immediately").

Sign in to post a reply.