Mark Watched YouTube Videos

Add an indicator for watched videos on YouTube. Use GM menus to display history statistics, backup history, and restore/merge history.

< Feedback on Mark Watched YouTube Videos

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-11-18
Edited: 2019-11-18

Restore doesn't seem to work

First, love the script.

After the update, my history was gone. Very sad, but not the end of the world. I could go back through my browser's history files with a script, collect the YouTube IDs and try to restore it with the (I think) new "Restore History Data" feature.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The file selector comes up, but after choosing a file it doesn't do anything. Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I figured I'd open a new thread for it.

Using Tampermonkey v4.7.5826 for Safari.

Thanks.

jcunewsAuthor
§

When restoring history data, after choosing a backup file, the script will always show a dialog prompt to either confirm the restoring process, or to tell that the file is not a valid backup file.

The reason why it doesn't show any dialog at all is likely because it's not compatible with Safari browser. But since my main system is not Mac, I only tested the script under Firefox and Chrome. I will need some time to test and make a fix for Safari.

jcunewsAuthor
§

OK, I've updated the script to fix the history restoring after a file has been selected. Also, I've added support for restoring history using a list of YouTube video URLs in a file such as e.g.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyzabc&otheroptionalvar=something

But because there's no timestamp information in an URL list, the timestamp for each history entry will be set to the current time.

Deleted user 103157
§
Edited: 2019-11-18

What script or extension can I use to export history and import it into this script What is the name of the script you mentioned, I want it, too One click to export YouTube's history, Then import it into this script to mark

jcunewsAuthor
§

YouTube already has a feature to download YouTube history.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en

Currently, my script doesn't support YouTube's own history data format, and I'm currently implementing support for its JSON data format (for restoring only).

The data download for this context, basically... you need to choose only YouTube for the data to include. Click the "Multiple formats" button and choose "JSON" on the "History" field. Click the "All YouTube data included" and select only the "history". Any other data is optional.

§

You rock. Thanks for the update, it works perfectly.

heiyutian, I wrote my own script to pull the YouTube URLs out of my Safari history. It wasn't a pre-existing one.

jcunewsAuthor
§

Script has been updated.

Deleted user 103157
§

We have been successful

Sign in to post a reply.