Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Searching Tags Box

Make your searches easier by adding tags to your search queries with one click

< Feedback on Google Searching Tags Box

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 21.7.2022

Pretty useful script.
The only bug I've noticed is clipboard interference when you're trying to copy text from a translation or definition box.
See attached.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 22.7.2022

Many thanks Gr_wolfe for your feedback and your report.
I only found this bug on the Mozilla browser. Can you confirm me?

I fixed it and posted a new release of the script.
Check if it's ok now.

Greetings

§
Posted: 31.7.2022

Looks like it's working fine!

§
Posted: 9.8.2022

@OpenDec,
Hmm, it looks like I'll lose the saved tags every once-in-a-while.

Not sure why, but could have to do with using multiple tags on google.
It works for a bit then will just not be there any longer.

Maybe using GM's getValue and setValue for data would help?

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 10.8.2022

Thanks for your report. However, I cannot reproduce the problem you indicated.
To understand what caused it, I would need more details on the scenario in which this occurs.

It may be that you clear your browser history or something like that. This can cause the loss of data saved in localStorage.

For now I can suggest you to always make backups of tags on external files through the features available in the context menu.

As soon as I can I will evaluate the GM methods you mentioned to me.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 12.8.2022

Hi Gr_wolfe, I have updated the script to include GM functions as you suggested to me.

This system should theoretically ensure that data remains permanently stored, even when the browser history is cleared.

So I hope your problem is solved with this update.
Let me know.

Greetings

§
Posted: 12.8.2022

Nice, thanks for humoring my request. I'm already seeing things working pretty great!

I'm not sure why the previous method had an issue, probably since I have strict settings around Google.
No problems with the latest changes though :)

§
Posted: 14.8.2022

@OpenDec
Still working great! Even with dozens of Google tabs open.

If you're ever in the mood to script, the only thing I can really think of adding would be custom labels.
It would be a bit easier to find snippets that start with the same name. Especially when you have a lot of stuff like: site:label1.com , site:label2.com, etc.
Colors sort of help, but never can really remember which is which and hovering over 10 diff snippets can take a few secs.

I'm only being nit-picky though. Script is good.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 15.8.2022

Still working great! Even with dozens of Google tabs open.

I'm glad to hear that :)

the only thing I can really think of adding would be custom labels ... I'm only being nit-picky though. Script is good.

This may be a good idea, but there are various aspects that should be considered in order to functionally implement it in the script.

I could evaluate its feasibility for a future update.

Thanks so much anyway, you've given me some helpful tips. I really appreciate it :)

§
Posted: 18.8.2022

No problem! I like to try and provide input where I can.
I mean, there's a reason why people like yourself even bother to submit code.

Users can at least provide some Feedback :)

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 24.12.2022

@Gr_wolfe I hope you are still using my script.
I have some good news.

I just released version 2 where I included the ability to set custom labels. Thank you for your suggestion.

I implemented some other features. I explained them in the description.

This version is backwards compatible with the previous one but I invite you to always make backups of your tags just in case.

§

@OpenDec I certainly do, it's great for appending snippets when google fails to give good results.

Whoa, you've made quite a few changes, I'll definitely check this new update out!

OpenDecAuthor
§

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.
All the best and Happy Holidays!

§
Posted: 15.2.2023

I've put the script through some testing. Everything works great except when editing custom label or tag text.
You can't type inside or move cursor using keys or arrows, I was able to see the same glitch on a clean machine.

Workaround is pasting into the field via context menu.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 23.2.2023

Hi Gr_wolfe, sorry for the late reply.

I too had noticed a similar problem and for this I had published a release with the fix (v2.0.2 of January 17th).

Can you confirm that the problem occurs in this latest version? If so, can you also tell me with which browser?

Thanks for your report.

§
Posted: 3.3.2023

Ah, it looks like my script manager had not detected the update and said it was the same version. Your latest update does indeed fix the issue.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 3.3.2023

Well that's weird. Still, I'm glad to hear that the script is working. Thanks again for your feedback. Greetings.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 12.3.2023

Hi Gr_wolfe, I don't know if your script manager is back to auto-updating. So I inform you that I've just published a new version (2.0.4) to fix a last minute issue due to a change in Google pages.

Happy searching :)

§
Posted: 20.3.2023

Sorry for the delay in response; catching up on emails.
I hadn't noticed any problems, but I was able to update via my script manager (I manually update when I see anything break).
Still working strong.

Btw, I'm unable to use paypal, but if you were to have something like ko-fi, buymeacoffee, etc. I'll be sure to donate for your time.

OpenDecAuthor
§
Posted: 20.3.2023

Still working strong.

Excellent!

but if you were to have something like ko-fi, buymeacoffee, etc. I'll be sure to donate for your time.

Thanks for your tip, I just activated ko-fi (the link in the description) :D

I really appreciate your support!

Greetings

Sign in to post a reply.