Automagic Jigidi Solver

Fastest way of solving Jigidi puzzles

< Feedback on Automagic Jigidi Solver

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 8.3.2021
Edited: 8.3.2021
After solving a puzzle, jigidi.com gives the following error popup:

Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! ?

You're not allowed to use any third-party applications to avoid solving puzzles on Jigidi. Please note that further use of any unauthorized applications will result in restrictions.

After another try it comes back with this message:

Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.

Do we have a serious problem or are you able to solve the issue?
jtojanenAuthor
§
Interesting problem! I didn't expect this because I have made sure that use of solver doesn't end in leaderboard.. But it seems that they want fight so that is what they will get.

I will start investigate. Of course we might have to slowdown solving speed, because at the moment the speed is not humanly possible :D
At the moment I haven't tested or seen what they have choose to do, let's see.
jtojanenAuthor
§
I have now checked that Jigidi game script hasn't changed since January update. Stay tuned.
jtojanenAuthor
§
I got the same error message "Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! ?" at first try, and immediately tried a second time with success. I got the normal message with geocache coordinates. This puzzle had 154 pieces and my solving time was 1 second. I will now look into their source code.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Okey, now I got the same "Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications." I will check if they are blocking IP address or using cookies to identify you.
jtojanenAuthor
§
It seems to be IP address based, haven't they heard about VPN? IP address blocking is also problematic and I bet they will have to stop. Many ISP and company use single IP address and this will block them all :)
jtojanenAuthor
§
I have released new version to block Jigidi solver temporarily until I find a working solution.
§
OK thanks so far! My first thought was the same: they are blocking individual IP-adresses. Hope you can fix this challenge ;)
jtojanenAuthor
§
At the moment I am testing slowdown version, 800ms per piece. Maximum size puzzle with 600 pieces would take 8 minutes. It hasn't/doesn't block when I have tested with small ones. Let's see what happens when I increase puzzle size.
§
Edited: 8.3.2021
Someone solved a puzzle manually, but got the same first warming message. Maybe this might help you. Anyway if it takes 8 minutes it´s better than 12 hours unless they find a solution to tackle the trick ;)
§
Sadly Jigidi seems to idetify even this new version of this script.
jtojanenAuthor
§
It works with small puzzle, but it's too fast for larger puzzles. At the moment I have tested puzzles up to size 260 pieces.
I have collected some stats and it seems there must be delay of 700+4*number of pieces milliseconds between pieces. Still more testing needed.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Formula above worked with 475 pieces, but it's dead slow; 20min 27sec. Darn! I will release new version soon.
416 pieces in 5:37 ... too fast for Jigidi, got the following message : Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! 👀

You're not allowed to use any third-party applications to avoid solving puzzles on Jigidi. Please note that further use of any unauthorized applications will result in restrictions.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 9.3.2021
Edited: 9.3.2021
Now I have release third "slow version", and I have successfully solved 600 pieces in 30min 51 secs.

I have also removed the old restriction. You SHOULD now create Jigidi account, ALWAYS log in and USE this solver. It seems that Jigidi wants us to fill the leaderboard with our fastest times. This is the least we can do to thank them.

Final note. At the moment I don't know how long they will be blocking the IP addresses. But as I already said, it is mistake by them. It will most definitely block legit/fair users too. If your home IP address is now blocked, you can try powering down your router and restarting it. Most ISPs will give you new public IP, but not all. If that doesn't help, use your mobile connection. Or you can use Tor or VPN connection. They cannot block all IP addresses.
jtojanenAuthor
§
If someone wants to try speeding up this latest version, look at this difference between our old version and latest:
https://greasyfork.org/fi/scripts/394279-automagic-jigidi-solver/diff?v1=908758&v2=899470

You can edit the script by modifying the delay calculation "700+4*D.b.length" which is in milliseconds, 700+4*number of pieces. I did try mimic real player by speeding towards the end using "700+4*D.i", 700+4*number of pieces left. But it was "too fast" ;)

Note that you have to have some kind of first degree polynomial here which sadly leads in quadratic growth of solving time.
§
OK thanks! We will try and experiment with the new version 1.6.2. I guess that Jigidi will come with a new answer and that the script will have to be set to normal human speed finally.
jtojanenAuthor
§
As they have chosen to limit the maximum solving speed, they cannot limit it to near "human speed" as that would result actual human records been blocked as cheating. We shall see if they make any announcements related to these limits.
§
New version 1.6.2 tested. The first two puzzles (300 and 400) have been solved. From the 3rd onwards nothing worked anymore. I signed up with Jigidi, used VPN, and extended the time. Nothing!
jtojanenAuthor
§
After third, did it give you error messages? Can you still login and see previous completion messages?
§
I started again after a break and have been able to solve 5 puzzles so far. At the moment it works again!
jtojanenAuthor
§
It seems that current version is too close to the limit, and success is somewhat random. I will release new version which is bit slower but it should be more reliable.
§
The following message came after 5 puzzles were solved:

Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.

Maybe it is when you solve several puzzles in a row !?
§
I've tried 1.6.2 (I think - hard to tell if it really installed) and get "Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications."

EDIT: It must have installed - it was slow not fast.

EDIT2: Many thanks for the script.
§
What means restricted? Some period of time? Any thoughts?
jtojanenAuthor
§
I have released an updated v1.6.3, which is bit slower than v1.6.2. About restiction. That IP address will be blocked, and I believe that it might be blocked 1 month as that is mentioned in their privacy policy. Look at section 6, https://www.jigidi.com/privacy_policy.php
§
I just got 1.6.3. tested! Unfortunately it doesn't work either!
374 parts in 15:12 minutes. Then comes the familiar message:

§
I think the problem is not (just) the timing. In fact you can have the script be much faster I think, but you need to try "wrong" moves as well to mimic human behaviour. If 100% of the actions you take result in connecting pieces, that's not very humanlike.
§
Perhaps in the transfer of pieces, the irregularity of time could also be part of solution.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Frapan, did you change your IP address? Your IP address got blocked with the previous attempts and you need a new one, like proxy or VPN connection.

Ingwe, your are right. Last night when I has looking this for the first time, I got a random success with original zero delay. I will try randomized movement/joining in couple of hours.
This is the message with VPN Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! 👀

§
Computer restarted, version 1.6.3. installed, used VPN, deleted cookies, different browser, different puzzle! It doesn't work at the moment!
§
Tried the new version 1.6.3 on a freshly started device.
15 pieces were connected in ~24sec successfully and I got the "ooops" message.

I tried than the following workaround:
- started the solver and stopped it during the solving process and before the last parts were connected to each other
- connected than the last parts manually and the puzzle have been accepted with a solving total of 24sec

So mabye you could stop the solving randomly in between, and stop before the last part is connected?
§
Hi there!
I tried the latest version 1.6.3 in combination with the workaround suggested by RobertoCavalli, but without success. Could it be that they are analysing the moves made? This script had been working perfectly until now!

So maybe (if possible) making some unnecessary moves of parts will help. Maybe also with a simulated use of the "Zoom-in/out" function!
§
I am trying out those restrictions. I am still able to puzzle manuelly so the ip is not totally blocked but instead of the original pop-up message (like coordinates) I just get the message that the 'use is restricted'.
§
Posted: 10.3.2021
i started a jigsaw on my phone then saved it ...when i went to the same jig from chrome ...with the script off it gave me a solved pop up :)
§
Posted: 11.3.2021
Maybe the script shouldn't solve everything ?

I wouldn't mind placing the last 3-4 pieces manually
§
Posted: 11.3.2021
Maybe the script shouldn't solve everything ?

I wouldn't mind placing the last 3-4 pieces manually
Sadly connecting few last pieces manually doesn't do the trick. Neither randomizing time between connecting two pieces wasn't solution.
§
Posted: 12.3.2021
Does anyone have any idea how the script could work again?
I've tried many options, but I'm always restricted!
§
You may try the mobile option with an Android smartphone, using Firefox, TamperMonkey and the script installed and not logged in to Jigidi.com. If this helps please let everyone know. I can´t check this wordaround because I do not have Android on my phone.
§
Edited: 12.3.2021
Same Oops, my friend -message with android. Solver is not working with Android at the moment. It does not make difference have you logged in or not.

In my test I used Android tablet, Firefox 68.11.0, TamperMonkey and newest solver script (1.6.3).
§
OK, but can you downgrade to version 1.5.18 and try again: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/394279-automagic-jigidi-solver?version=899470
§
@GeoLeaks: into what should such a downgrade result? Jigidi is tracking somehow the user actions. When the script is to fast or the parts are connected without mistakes, this seems to be identified by their server/engine.

I tried today a workaround for a puzzle with ~150 pieces while I was logged in: started the latest version and during the solving I moved nearly the whole time pieces randomly around. Solver finished and no "Ooops"-message appeared, but also no Completion message. so I left the puzzle, restarted it and Jigidi reloaded a status 2 connections before the completion. connected the missing parts and normal pop up was shown.

So it is definitely something in relation to the speed and the actions you are doing during the puzzle solving process.
jtojanenAuthor
§
"The enemy knows the system"

Sorry for the delay, but I have had busy week. Now I have time to get back to this issue. Short answer, Jigidi has been and is tracking the user actions. There is websocket connection to progress server which is used to report every step of jigsaw completion. And I mean every grab, movement and release of piece.

When I did the quick fixes, and finally got v1.6.2 ready. It slowly but surely completed a 600 piece Jigidi with completion message. I went to sleep at 3am. When I woke up, it had stopped working. I was monitoring the situation and they clearly made modifications that time. Most noticeable whole jigidi.com was down for a short period, and when it came back there was an error message "no database connection" instead of normal front page. After those modifications, slow completion with userscript has not worked. There has been only random successes.

The real problem is that they can see what tricks we try, but we don't see their moves. At the moment, I cannot reveal what I know. I will test and release new version, which temporarily disables Jigidi solver. Please do not report that script is not working, because Greasy Fork will delete the script based upon the reports and consecutive bad ratings.
§
@RobertoCavalli:

Version 1.5.18 is the last working highspeed version.
§
@jtojanen:

What about a lowspeed version? At Jigidi.com they give lists of top ranking human solvers. If you change the speed about 10-20% slower than the number 1 solver, what can be the problem for Jigidi.com? We do not spoil there game anymore.
§
@RobertoCavalli:

But it will not work as long as Jigidi is blocking the Pop Up message. So what will be the benefit, when I use this version?
jtojanenAuthor
§
@jtojanen:

What about a lowspeed version? At Jigidi.com they give lists of top ranking human solvers. If you change the speed about 10-20% slower than the number 1 solver, what can be the problem for Jigidi.com? We do not spoil there game anymore.
I have unsuccessfully tested versions which have been slower than top human solvers. Today I have successfully tested a version which successfully completes 600 piece puzzle in one hour, but I am not happy with solution to publish it. Again, I won't reveal more so that I can test ideas without Jigidi making changes that might lead to wrong conclusions.
jtojanenAuthor
§
@RobertoCavalli:

But it will not work as long as Jigidi is blocking the Pop Up message. So what will be the benefit, when I use this version?
True, do not use Jigidi solver at the moment. There are tricks that work, but they don't work each and every time.
§
If I were Jigidi, I would be reading this page...
§
Posted: 13.3.2021
@jtojanen: if you need help, i can test or something! If you need coffee, I'll have one for you 😄
§
Posted: 13.3.2021
I wonder if random moves are possible. As a human I move puzzle pieces randlomly until the lock in place. I feel a bit appealed by jigidi being supervised and tracked with all my moves. Do they tell their users they are like a jigidi secret police agency? Tst, tst, tst.
§
Posted: 14.3.2021
Edited: 14.3.2021
Maybe contact Jigidi and ask them to allow a solver for guest users so that we do not spoil there internal rankings?
§
Hello
I'm stuck after installing Automagic Jigidi Solver 1.6.3
Message "Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.
"even after uninstalling from Tampermonkey
have a solution?
Thank you

fils
§
Hello
I'm stuck after installing Automagic Jigidi Solver 1.6.3
Message "Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.
"even after uninstalling from Tampermonkey
have a solution?
Thank you

fils
Cut your internet access to receive a new IP address, the block is basing on your IP
jtojanenAuthor
§
Maybe contact Jigidi and ask them to allow a solver for guest users so that we do not spoil there internal rankings?
I don't think there is any chance of returning to old status quo. Before this started, solver required you to use it as guest user and did not spoil leaderboard with record times so contacting them is pointless. They wanted to block all cheating, but it seems that they will end up in opposite result...
§
Hallo,
ich habe mich jetzt auch mal diesem Thema angenommen.
Erst einmal vielen Dank an jtojanen für seine Mühen.
Mit der IP Adresse kann die Sperrung auf Jigidi eigendlich nichts zu tun haben.
Auf dem Laptop, wo diese Meldungen kamen, bekomme ich kein Puzzle mehr gestartet.
Auf dem Tablet (Android) funktioniert alles ohne Einschränkungen, dort wird die selbe IP genutzt wie auf dem Laptop.
Habe die IP schon geändert, aber ohne Erfolg.
Ich nehme an, Jigidi registriert die Geräteerkennung und sperrt dann dieses Gerät.
Würde mich interessieren, ob das bei anderen genauso ist.
§
Hallo,
ich habe mich jetzt auch mal diesem Thema angenommen.
Erst einmal vielen Dank an jtojanen für seine Mühen.
Mit der IP Adresse kann die Sperrung auf Jigidi eigendlich nichts zu tun haben.
Auf dem Laptop, wo diese Meldungen kamen, bekomme ich kein Puzzle mehr gestartet.
Auf dem Tablet (Android) funktioniert alles ohne Einschränkungen, dort wird die selbe IP genutzt wie auf dem Laptop.
Habe die IP schon geändert, aber ohne Erfolg.
Ich nehme an, Jigidi registriert die Geräteerkennung und sperrt dann dieses Gerät.
Würde mich interessieren, ob das bei anderen genauso ist.
Hi,

no with a new IP address I could even use my former "blocked" account, solve any puzzle by hand and my record is as well added into the leader board.
So it seems that they grab the IP address and nothing else.

Cheers,
Rob
§
bei mir bleibt alles wie es war, auch mit neuer IP Adresse. Ich kann kein Puzzle mehr öffnen.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Just to clarify: Jigidi is blocking your public IP address
You can check that by Googling "show my ip", and Google tells your current public IP address.
§
It's not just the IP address. They flag the account too.
I told Jigidi support team to remove my "restriction". According to their guidelines, there's no rule about using "unauthorised applications", therefor I couldn't have abused any rules ... They didn't respond to that, but only said:

"Your account was flagged for having used an unauthorised application to automatically solve puzzles.
Once this has been removed the restriction will eventually expire."
§
strange i got banned on an account but can use it from another ip
yet a brand new account gives me a warning on my original fixed ip
my banned account works fine from a mobile ip
i wonder how long till my IP blocking expires ?
§
also if i complete a jig on un unblocked ip then log in on the blocked i get the completion message from solved
however if they were completed yet marked as in progress i get no pop up at all except completed
§
It's not just the IP address. They flag the account too.
I told Jigidi support team to remove my "restriction". According to their guidelines, there's no rule about using "unauthorised applications", therefor I couldn't have abused any rules
Actually, they are well within their right as the terms of service state "You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, use any unauthorized third party programs, including mods, hacks, cheats, scripts, bots, trainers and automation programs". That has been in place since at least October, so it't not something they have added now.
jtojanenAuthor
§
I haven't seen/heard accounts been blocked, my own is not blocked. And we can create infinitely many new accounts! If your account gets blocked, create a new account.
§
I haven't seen/heard accounts been blocked, my own is not blocked. And we can create infinitely many new accounts! If your account gets blocked, create a new account.
Well, the account isn't blocked, it's just "restricted". I can solve whatever I want, but I do not get the completion message (which is the only reason I do puzzles), and I don't even think I get into the scoreboard. Even though the script is disabled and I solve the puzzle in the old fashioned way.
§
Actually, they are well within their right as the terms of service state ...
I admit, I haven't read the terms of service. I only read their "Guidelines" under the Help section.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Well, the account isn't blocked, it's just "restricted". I can solve whatever I want, but I do not get the completion message (which is the only reason I do puzzles), and I don't even think I get into the scoreboard. Even though the script is disabled and I solve the puzzle in the old fashioned way.
I don't say that it wouldn't be possible to have account flagged for using the solver script, but still.. Are you sure that the reason is your account? And not your IP address? Have you checked your public IP, and used a different address to test this?

If we get more reports like this, it means Jigidi has changed the blocking basis.
§
It is only IP based block. I Have account and when I am using IP which is blocked, I can't see those pop up solving messages. I see only those warnings about restricted account. When I use other IP via VPN with same account I get those pop ups and all the needed cache related information aka solving messages. So IT IS IP based block.
§
It is only IP based block. I Have account and when I am using IP which is blocked, I can't see those pop up solving messages. I see only those warnings about restricted account. When I use other IP via VPN with same account I get those pop ups and all the needed cache related information aka solving messages. So IT IS IP based block.
Agree, same here. I was able to solve Puzzles and enter the leader board with a new public IP Address. During the block this was not possible.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Good good! We can conclude that nothing has changed, at least by this time. Thank you everyone!
§
I am not logged into my Jigidi account, but access is restricted. No pop-up, at least not with coords. I noticed that the script uses layer when puzzling. As a human I sort the puzzle pieces and have no layers.
In case Jigid reads, I am not anymore logged in when puzzling. I don't compete with others, just let me run the script. Who cares how to solve a problem? What is if I would apply AI...
How could I get rid of this IP block, please?
§
Are you sure that the reason is your account? And not your IP address? Have you checked your public IP, and used a different address to test this?
I think it is both. I tried yesterday to shut down the wifi (fiber connection) and used my mobile connection instead. I didn't check the IP (I only learned today how to!) but I assumed it would be different when using a totally different connection. I have actually tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread. (Except from VPN, which I don't have).
jtojanenAuthor
§
Are you sure that the reason is your account? And not your IP address? Have you checked your public IP, and used a different address to test this?
I think it is both. I tried yesterday to shut down the wifi (fiber connection) and used my mobile connection instead. I didn't check the IP (I only learned today how to!) but I assumed it would be different when using a totally different connection. I have actually tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread. (Except from VPN, which I don't have).
Still, it is not guaranteed that you will/would get a new public IP if you reboot your router. At the moment based on evidence I am confident it's sole based on public IP address. I am sorry that I keep forgetting the skill difference when I ask or give general instructions. And I do make too high assumptions how those will be implemented. Others have life, hackers...
jtojanenAuthor
§
Someone living in EU should make GDPR information request to get all personal information Jigidi is collecting. And based on GDPR request information to be removed.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Someone living in EU should make GDPR information request to get all personal information Jigidi is collecting. And based on GDPR request information to be removed.
IP address is considered as GDPR personal data.
§
Posted: 15.3.2021
Edited: 15.3.2021
IP address is considered as GDPR personal data.
Are there no arguments left but to start an international legal dispute? Then this little project here is at an end.

The IP address in the EU is not a personal data until it is linked to other personal data. An IP address by itself, for example when using a web service anonymously, only becomes a personal data with the help of the provider or when the web service knows the owner of the IP address.

So far so logical. I think it's crazy that the bad boys want to call for the state and laws.

I'm from the EU. I am very disappointed.
jtojanenAuthor
§
@Rarofo: What are you disappointed about? You have done nothing to help and you don't understand reasoning behind information request. Information request is not legal action. Bad boys? Nobody has broken any laws nor is about to. Do you know what information Jigidi is collecting? It would be helpful information.
§
Another idea: can we try to solve the problem via TOR?
jtojanenAuthor
§
Another idea: can we try to solve the problem via TOR?
That is one of options that we have to pick new IP address when old one gets blocked. Only problem I see with this, is the need to use Tor Browser...

As we only want the completion messages, one option is to have those in database or distributed/shared between users anonymously. There are benefits in this, but also downsides. Standalone application is also an option, but again it would require more support and maintenance for various operating systems.
jtojanenAuthor
§
But I have not lost hope in the current approach. I have a working solution which is not detected by Jigidi. Goal is to have it's behaviour so close to human that it's impossible to detect in close future.
§
I think jtojanen is right. I want to know what Jigidi does with my data. Why does Jigidi need to store my IP address and other information, just when I want to solve a puzzle? What data are they processing exactly?
§
Goal is to have it's behaviour so close to human that it's impossible to detect in close future.
I think this is great, thanks to your efforts. I wish to learn from you, great coding skills. And to be honest, why should be solve 100x puzzles when one can learn more from coding a solution...
After all, we are entering the AI age.
jtojanenAuthor
§
I'm telling you a little public secret. This might be helpful in some other situations too.. These files contain all links to all publicly visible Jigidi puzzles. To fine tune solving speed or to start rating puzzle difficulty based on image and number of pieces here we have all we need.
§
@jtojanen:

Now via TOR. You do not need Firefox here, because TOR browser itself is a stripped version of Firefox. I was able to install TamperMonkey:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tampermonkey
But unable to install any of the available Solver versions >> 404 Not Found
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/394279-automagic-jigidi-solver/code/Automagic%20Jigidi%20Solver.user.js?version=908982&d=.user.js#bypass=true
jtojanenAuthor
§
@jtojanen:

Now via TOR. You do not need Firefox here, because TOR itself is a stripped version of Firefox. I was able to install TamperMonkey:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tampermonkey
But unable to install any of the available Solver versions >> 404 Not Found
Create empty script then copy&paste the script to TamperMonkey.
§
Done! But after a 512 puzzle it says again: Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! 👀

Used 1.5.18 version.
§
Ich habe es mal bei drei Puzzeln mit 1.6.3 probiert. Das Script kurz laufen lassen, Script stoppen, ein paar Teile mit der Hand zusammen fügen,Script wieder aktiviert. Das drei, vier mal und zum Schluß die Blöcke per Hand zusammen gefügt. Es kam das erwünschte Popup ohne Fehlermeldung. Vielleicht hilft das weiter.
§
wo/wie hast Du das Skript ausgeschaltet ?
§
With version 1.6.3 with TOR browser and TamperMonkey the same result:

Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! 👀

§
rechts oben auf das Herz klicken, ein paar Teile mit der Hand anlegen und dann wieder auf das Herz
§
Ich habe es mal bei drei Puzzeln mit 1.6.3 probiert. Das Script kurz laufen lassen, Script stoppen, ein paar Teile mit der Hand zusammen fügen,Script wieder aktiviert. Das drei, vier mal und zum Schluß die Blöcke per Hand zusammen gefügt. Es kam das erwünschte Popup ohne Fehlermeldung. Vielleicht hilft das weiter.
How did you do that??
I have done excactly the same earlier today with a "clean" ip. (Did the same the other day, but wasn't sure about the ip.) Mixed the solver and "by hand" and only got the "Oops, my friend ..." :-(
Have tried both as logged in and as guest. Nothing works :-(
§
du musst zwischendurch ein paar Teile mit der Hand zusammen fügen, und Teile bewegen. Das so etwa 3 - 4 mal und kurz vor Schluss die Blöcke mit der Hand zusammen setzen.
§
Versin 1.6.3 mit Tampermonkey im firefox V86.0.1 - funktioniert leider nicht
§
habe auch Firefox V86.0.1, bei mir funktioniert es. Du darfst nicht so ungeduldig sein, lieber einmal öfter per Hand als zu wenig. Tampermonkey auch nicht zu lange laufen lassen.
§
Posted: 16.3.2021
Edited: 16.3.2021
I am speculating: Notice they don't give you the warning until puzzle completion, for the sole purpose of blocking the completion message.
So, it is detecting something either from page load or during the process.

If page load, it means the need to analyze what is flagging as use of the script. But I assume you have already done this.

If during the process, could try more "natural" procedures, ie, pieces do not "pop" into position, they are clicked and dragged. The lack of movement may be a trigger. Also, randomize the intervals. Maybe drag the canvas? Zoom in/out?

If you're a guest I don't understand why they care about this since you don't register on leaderboard.

Personally looking for a way to scrape the completion message, with or without solving the puzzle. Preferably by not logging in.
§
a few facts that I noticed:
1. if you have been caught (identified) to fake the puzzle solving, the webpage saves this. When you restart the puzzle and solve it the second time totally manually, the result ist the same: you get the error message without the solution

2. you should do several moves and find some corresponding puzzle pieces befor restarting the script doing the job for you.

3. you should never let the script run more than five or ten pieces in a row, I think thois way you are identified as a cheater

4. always do a lot moves and finds before restarting the script
§
as i have a fixed ip i have been using tor ...this asks for permission to share html 5 data ...is this relevant?
§
a few facts that I noticed:
1. if you have been caught (identified) to fake the puzzle solving, the webpage saves this. When you restart the puzzle and solve it the second time totally manually, the result ist the same: you get the error message without the solution

That would explain why I wasn't able to do as @petzim described further above, and maybe why I thought they flagged the account as well as the ip. It's one particular puzzle I've been keen to solve. So the only solution to that problem must be making a new account?!
§
Posted: 19.3.2021
One of our members did the following:

Do not log in. Manually done the edge. Then turn on script until almost everything is complete in large blocks. Stop the script and then slide the big blocks into the right place. Speed is slow, but still much faster than manual.
§
In the past, I pressed the heart and waited. How does one manually start and stop a script?
§
In the past, I pressed the heart and waited. How does one manually start and stop a script?
Press the heart again
§
Posted: 20.3.2021
One of our members did the following:

Do not log in. Manually done the edge. Then turn on script until almost everything is complete in large blocks. Stop the script and then slide the big blocks into the right place. Speed is slow, but still much faster than manual.
So could this mean the missing piece is clicking? it wants a minimum number of clicks per puzzle?
§
Posted: 20.3.2021
Solved a puzzle with 88 pieces in around 9min. I turned on and off the script, moved the pieces around in-between by hand. Got the solution, but it was slow. I think nobody would puzzle with pieces on top of each other, maybe one could first distribute the pieces before placing them together?
§
Posted: 21.3.2021
getting cold turkey waiting for jigidi to re start ...hope its only hardware update
§
Posted: 21.3.2021
Maybe a bit late to the party. But could it be that jigidi checks if every move is connecting two or more pieces? A "normal" user would move around pieces a lot to group them and also connecting pieces of course. Could it help to add random movements between connecting the pieces?
(thanks for a great tool!)
§
Posted: 22.3.2021
Edited: 22.3.2021
i dont have the heart-button in the new update :'(
§
Posted: 22.3.2021
Testing solver v1.7.1 showed:

Firefox is random whether the solver works (i.e. no heart sometimes) but is much more reliable in Chrome.

When the solver is NOT activated (i.e. you can see pcs for the proper jigsaw picture), either keep refreshing the page/tab OR extract the jigsaw ref number from the cache page source code and combine it with the basic Jigidi URL (https://www.jigidi.com/solve/xxxxxx). These 'solutions' are not 100% reliable first time, but keep trying and one or other will work eventually.

When the solver IS activated (i.e. heart shows) the jigsaw is always the same generic "image" displaying rows & columns of coloured numbers, i.e. not the actual jigsaw picture, BUT you do get the pop-up window at the end. If you need the completed jigsaw picture, then the solver is not the solution and you need to do it manually!

Seems the site maintenance at Jigidi yesterday was to implement these changes as opposed to blocking the IP addresses of users - guessing they had complaints from account holders.

Thanks to the author for their hard work.
§
Posted: 23.3.2021
I tested the v 1.7.1 with Chrome and Tampermonkey. All puzzles were solved quickly and reliably. Thanks to @jtojanen. Respect!
§
Posted: 31.3.2021
something just changed ...using tor and not signed in i got the oops message
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 31.3.2021
Edited: 31.3.2021
I have read their statement so I know for sure they are also reading these discussions.

This was not unexpected turn. We have returned to the status where we were about a week ago when they temporarily stopped blocking us. Now they are actively blocking all the solver users. If you do not want your IP address blocked, stop using the solver until I get it updated. Old workarounds are still working.

They should have communicated before reacting. Now Pandora's box is open...
§
Posted: 1.4.2021
Can confirm some update has changed overnight and now the script is no longer working.. Looking forward to an update!
§
@jtojanen:

What about dynamic DNS protocol?
jtojanenAuthor
§
@jtojanen:

What about dynamic DNS protocol?
Dynamic DNS has nothing to with this, and cannot help.
§
i guess, that this has been implemented against the GeoCaching Comunity. Look at the URL behind the OK Button.
https://www.jigidi.com//geocache-solve-script.php

I have disabled tampermonkey and solved a puzzle manually, and still got the Message - so i guess they somehow check if your script in installed or not.
§
I think jigidi doesn’t get it. Some puzzles are so stupid and act only as barrier. They advertise with brain training. Automation of reoccurring processes is exactly this. If somebody places 70 caches out there with puzzles, it is absolute normal to automate the process. Maybe we should go somewhere else, ie private GitHub repo.
§
simon ..ive just tried solving a puzzle without logging in and with a random ip so i can still solve puzzles
§
Edited: 1.4.2021
From my seat, it is quite simple. It is this script, or I would not use Jigidi, at all.

I *only* use Jigidi for solving geocaches. And I would *never* start on a puzzle with 540 all black pieces, for example.

Or solve the same puzzle several times. In my country there is a series, of until now 30 geocaches, with the same puzzle, but created as individual puzzles on Jigidi (to get individual finish-message, containg coordinates). I would never start solving the same picture, different puzzles on Jigidi 30+ times, that is exactly the same, 460 pieces and mainly black.

I do respect, that this script could ruin their leaderboard, but I do not want my time to get on the leaderboard, I just want to solve the puzzle, to get the final pop-up message ( not the blocking message ;-) ). Hence I do observe not being logged in, while solving puzzles.

I would suggest that Jigidi, made af virtual corner for geocache puzzles, instead of this never-ending fight, that only gives Jigidi bad PR. They could easily turn it into positive PR; instead of them, and many others waste time fighting, time that could be spent way much better/constructive.
jtojanenAuthor
§
I think jigidi doesn’t get it. Some puzzles are so stupid and act only as barrier. They advertise with brain training. Automation of reoccurring processes is exactly this. If somebody places 70 caches out there with puzzles, it is absolute normal to automate the process. Maybe we should go somewhere else, ie private GitHub repo.
True. As there is minimum of 2000 active/daily users of the script, we can estimate that there is at least 20000 geocachers using Jigidi every day. This is in no means a small group. I have listed over 1000 Jigidi based mysteries in Finland. I would say an average (minimum?) 1 hour per mystery if solved manually. Single geocacher would have spend 1000 hour solving jigsaws. For a thousand geocachers that would cumulate to one million hours!! If we can save almost 1 million hour as in this example, we might have had motivation to automate this :D
§
From Jigidi: “Always serve an alternative option to get the same information the jigsaw puzzle would provide for those who do not like jigsaw puzzles.“
I think that could be a good idea, but I think it will be difficult to implement.
I also don’t understand why jigidi is against a solver, I have zero interest in any ranking and I don’t see what is so important for jigidi to have a ranking, it is not that anybody gets a price for being first in solving a puzzle.
§
So far the worst thing I had as puzzles: a one color puzzle with a very high number of pieces and private holiday shots. The silver is a blessing.
§
dear jigidi spy ...please can you unlock my ip so you can get your advertising revenue
jtojanenAuthor
§
From my seat, it is quite simple. It is this script, or I would not use Jigidi, at all.

I *only* use Jigidi for solving geocaches. And I would *never* start on a puzzle with 540 all black pieces, for example.

Or solve the same puzzle several times. In my country there is a series, of until now 30 geocaches, with the same puzzle, but created as individual puzzles on Jigidi (to get individual finish-message, containg coordinates). I would never start solving the same picture, different puzzles on Jigidi 30+ times, that is exactly the same, 460 pieces and mainly black.

I do respect, that this script could ruin their leaderboard, but I do not want my time to get on the leaderboard, I just want to solve the puzzle, to get the final pop-up message ( not the blocking message ;-) ). Hence I do observe not being logged in, while solving puzzles.

I would suggest that Jigidi, made af virtual corner for geocache puzzles, instead of this never-ending fight, that only gives Jigidi bad PR. They could easily turn it into positive PR; instead of them, and many others waste time fighting, time that could be spent way much better/constructive.
In past I tried my best in all possible ways to minimize the damage. I tried to find a way to disable the clock and solve the puzzle without it. Leaderboard times and number of solves seems to be main issues. They must understand that people has always cheated in games and will cheat in future. Before they started blocking solver users, I bet that there was no issue with leaderboard. And I don't understand what value I generate to the Jigidi community when I solve these geocaching related Jigidi puzzles as all/most of them are hidden from other Jigidi users. I agree that it would be resource optimization to have only one of the solver users actually solve the puzzle and automatically share the completion message with others. I have to think about that... :D
jtojanenAuthor
§
dear jigidi spy ...please can you unlock my ip so you can get your advertising revenue
That is one option. I can force the solver to show ads before you get the completion message. Win-win ??
§
That is one option. I can force the solver to show ads before you get the completion message. Win-win ??
Isn't that exactly what happens with ALC on FB? I only heard about it, but never found them :-) Some ALC are really bad, what is the number on the electrical box...

Artificial intelligence is big. Just saw yesterday on LinkedIn a video where somebody took 6 pictures of a Rubiks cube's side, the algorithm solved it within minutes. The real work goes into the programming of such an algorithm, not in repeating the same task all over again as @ThomasC pointed out correctly.
As always, many paths lead to Rome, not one. Jigidi just tries to force us into their path of solving things. As a scientist I don't think I like this. If it would not be for geocaching, I would never solve puzzles repeatedly online on Jigidi. Sorry, but I prefer to spend my time outdoors geocaching. :-) In terms of bad PR, I agree. I saw at least in one German geocaching FB group lots of users wondering about Jigidi. FYI, Jigidi, Germany has the second biggest geocaching user community after the US, afaik.

@jtojanen, what did you mean you listed 1000 puzzles in Finnland? Did you lay them out as mysteries with a puzzle? :-)
V A
§

With you completely. Not even sure why it's referred to as 'cheating' either. So other puzzle solvers don't use all the online cipher solvers? Never visit Geocaching Toolbox? Rubbish, if someone wants to sit and do a jigidi puzzle by hand, fine, but for those that wish to go out and find a cache, then that is our choice!
jtojanenAuthor
§
@jtojanen, what did you mean you listed 1000 puzzles in Finnland? Did you lay them out as mysteries with a puzzle? :-)
Yes. Besides developing this script and I have also maintained public bookmark lists of all Jigidi related mysteries in Finland, BM64E9T and BM87G7E. Mostly you get coordinates in the completion message. There has been days when most new mysteries published to Finland have been Jigidi based.
jtojanenAuthor
§
With you completely. Not even sure why it's referred to as 'cheating' either. So other puzzle solvers don't use all the online cipher solvers? Never visit Geocaching Toolbox? Rubbish, if someone wants to sit and do a jigidi puzzle by hand, fine, but for those that wish to go out and find a cache, then that is our choice!
Hear, hear. There are no rules how geocaching mysteries should be solved, but we seem to have double standards. Solver is a tool. If it's forbidden then I would say all tools are forbid. For example with math mysteries, you should not be allowed to use spreadsheet (Excel, LibreCalc etc.), calculator and not even pen&paper. Who determines the level of purity?
§
Posted: 2.4.2021
Has somebody got a work around?.. Ive just updated to the latest script and im still having the same issues?.. whats the trick to bypassing their garbage? .. Thanks guys.
Perhaps if all the blocked people were to contact geocaching HQ saying all these puzzles are not accessible, they would stop publishing puzzles that use jigidi, which would put pressure on jigidi to change their ways because they would get a good deal less traffic.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Has somebody got a work around?.. Ive just updated to the latest script and im still having the same issues?.. whats the trick to bypassing their garbage? .. Thanks guys.
You should be able to find old workarounds from two week old discussions. Those are not so reliable that I could recommend the use.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Perhaps if all the blocked people were to contact geocaching HQ saying all these puzzles are not accessible, they would stop publishing puzzles that use jigidi, which would put pressure on jigidi to change their ways because they would get a good deal less traffic.
Interesting, but I would say that this is a self-inflicted problem. But the situation may change in the future. We know the rules very well.
§
Posted: 3.4.2021
Edited: 3.4.2021
from what ive been able to figure out, the puzzles solve as normal if you dont use the heart button. ive let a 20 piece puzzle sit for over an hour and then moved the final piece into position and i still get the error. however if i enable easy mode on the script and solve it manually it all checks out okay. So i guess easy mode, though still annoying, is alot easier than trying to solve 50 white pieces that all look identical.

and if your IP hs been banned, script or not, you still wont be able to complete the puzzle. So your only other option is to use a VPN.
§
I tried easy mode on a clean system and it did indeed work for two or three puzzles. I was also going fairly slowly. I have now got the dreaded error so I guess I need to change IP again.
§
i just logged in and used the solver ...left 2 bits to finish ...and came back 2 hours later ...turned of the solver and finished ...im now on the leader board at 2min for a 450 puzzle :(
V A
§
i just logged in and used the solver ...left 2 bits to finish ...and came back 2 hours later ...turned of the solver and finished ...im now on the leader board at 2min for a 450 puzzle :(
Sorry for my ignorance - but do you use the solver and then turn the solver off? Do you click the heart again to do this?
§
Sorry for my ignorance - but do you use the solver and then turn the solver off? Do you click the heart again to do this?
i finished the last bits without the solver but cant remember if i turned it off or not
jtojanenAuthor
§
i finished the last bits without the solver but cant remember if i turned it off or not
The reason for this was that you are logged in. It remembers your progress and time. The solver took a few seconds to almost complete the puzzle and then you took less than two minutes before you completed it manually. 2 hour waiting had no affect to 2 minute total time.
§
But the situation may change in the future. We know the rules very well.
What do you mean please?
§
Posted: 4.4.2021
Would be much better if the solver defaults to "logged-out" of Jigidi, perhaps even revert to previous versions of "must" be logged out!
§
Would be much better if the solver defaults to "logged-out" of Jigidi, perhaps even revert to previous versions of "must" be logged out!
Please do. I accidently solved a puzzle while logged in, now I'm #1 with a time of 1 second :-(

I do not wish to ruin the leader-board, as some people want to compare themselves with others, doing it the normal way.
§
logging in to comment the gc code is a good idea but then remember to log out
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 4.4.2021
Released an update to v1.7.5, small steps.
§
Posted: 5.4.2021
It's working just perfect for me since the update. Great work !!! Thank you very much !!!
§
First time I tried the solver since the troubles, so never had the Ooops message before ... updated to 1.7.5 just now and got the Oooops message

Noticed the 3 buttons "Jigidi Tracking" doesn't actually do anything now. Seems not resolved after all.
§
i tried to revert to an older version but got a 404 ....did i do it wrong ?
§
I has worked during the day for me in the newest version, but now again jigidi is complaining I would cut corners.
jtojanenAuthor
§
i tried to revert to an older version but got a 404 ....did i do it wrong ?
That is bug in Greasy Fork. Look from history and copy&paste the script.
§
and which script version is functional right now?
§
Posted: 6.4.2021
I just solved a (geoCaching) puzzle by Hand on a new Computer with Chrome no Tamper installed - and it also showd me the Message, that i use some Scripts :(
So they somehow also check the IP

I then did some VPN - Hiding of my IP - Solved via Script - it tells me, that i am using some Scripts
So, they also check this.
§
So, with Hiding my IP it shows:
§
without hiding my IP, it shows
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 6.4.2021
and which script version is functional right now?
At the moment there is no version of script where the solver works so that it is not detected by Jigidi. There are workaround but those don't work so reliable that I could recommend the use. If you know about those, do not post the information here!

As general recommendation: Always update to the latest version of script before reporting about a problem. Now the latest version is v1.7.6. There is no point reporting about a problem in older version. In case of doubt, to test if your IP is blocked, disable the script or userscript manager completely and solve a small puzzle by hand that you know to have a completion message.

Use of "Easy Puzzle" and "Adblocking" features are not at the moment detected by Jigidi.

I will release completely new solver soon.
§
I was using 1.7.6
§
Posted: 8.4.2021
Edited: 8.4.2021
Checked version 1.7.6 via TOR browser and updated TamperMonkey, but they also blocked that option.
§
Posted: 8.4.2021
Checked version 1.7.6 via TOR browser and updated TamperMonkey, but they also blocked that option.
YEP jigidi do not like those nasty advert revenues ,,,must loose customers ..feeling good jigidi code monkey ?
§
Posted: 13.4.2021
Edited: 13.4.2021
it seems, that once your IP is registered at Jigidi, you always get the "your access to Jigidi has been restricted" Message.
Yesterday i solved a Puzzle on my Mobile, connected over my WLAN, and also got this Message. :( .. what a PITA
§
Oops, my friend - it appears you're trying to cut corners! 👀

Read more
V A
§
it seems, that once your IP is registered at Jigidi, you always get the "your access to Jigidi has been restricted" Message.
Yesterday i solved a Puzzle on my Mobile, connected over my WLAN, and also got this Message. :( .. what a PITA
We restarted our router and got a new IP address. But yes,a PITA.
§
And then? Did you have to delete the solver?
§
Solving the entire puzzle manually with Easy mode (numbers and colors) is all this tool can do right now. Do not click the heart. Worked for me.
§
Posted: 18.4.2021
Solving the entire puzzle manually with Easy mode (numbers and colors) is all this tool can do right now. Do not click the heart. Worked for me.
well no ...just wasted an hour doing that ..not signed in
V A
§
Posted: 19.4.2021
And then? Did you have to delete the solver?
I haven't used it since, but my husband was getting the blocked message when the solver wasn't on his PC, so the IP address was blocked, but isn't any more by restarting the router.
§
Posted: 1.5.2021
Hi, puzzler!

We have detected an authorised script installed in your browser that tamper with the functionality of our website.

To keep your access to Jigidi, you must uninstall the script.

Please note that continuous use of such scripts will result in lasting restriction of your access to Jigidi.
this is new ...only turned on the script and ...pow
§
Posted: 1.5.2021
oooh but my ip isnt blocked anymore
§
Posted: 4.5.2021
Can this script be modified for jigsawplanet.com?

I have a series of 60 geocaching jigsaw puzzles to be released, and I do not mind if people use a script to solve the jigsaws to get the coordinates. I want everyone to at least see the pictures and get coordinates.

I know that some people won't bother with my caches if they have to spend time doing puzzles, because they are time poor. However, I also want to cater for those who DO actually appreciate completing a jigsaw puzzle - and there are more in that category than the other. I want everyone to find my caches - after all, that's why I place them.

Given Jigidi's current attitude, I don't care much for their site any more.
§
Posted: 4.5.2021
Ignore above/previous message - just realized jigsawplanet don't do completion messages. DOH!!

Sign in to post a reply.