Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2014-09-18
Edited: 2014-09-18

The blocklist is not persisting across page reloads

I recently upgraded to a new computer and decided to build my Firefox profile from scratch. The problem is that while this userscript worked (and still works) on my old computer and Firefox profile, for some reason I can't get the script to "remember" any additions to the blocklist--after a page reload the blocklist resets to the default.

I am using the latest Firefox (32.0.2) and Scriptish.

Edit: I updated to the latest Scriptish nightly and now this userscript is totally broken. I guess I should've been using Greasemonkey.

§
Posted: 2014-09-18

I tested Scriptish 0.1.11 and get nearly a dozen of these errors at page load:

Scriptish access violation: unsafeWindow cannot call: GM_getValue

I think that explains why the list cannot be read by the script. But I don't know of a workaround for that.

I tested Scriptish 0.1.12 (pre-release) and the script dies trying to use GM_addStyle. I can edit the script to work around that, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort because I don't know whether the earlier problem still exists.

§
Posted: 2014-12-11

Okay, I finally got a chance to switch to Greasemonkey and my problem appears to be resolved (along with issues I've been having with other userscripts).

Sign in to post a reply.