Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-10-05

Compatibility fix for GoogleMonkeyR 1.7.3.1

Currently if I use BLOCK button (1-click enabled) nothing happens until I refresh the page. And if I don't remember having pushed BLOCK button before and I repeat the action, I eventually end with a list filled with a lot of repeated domains.

Could you check that difficult :) relationship between GoogleMonkeyR and Google Hid Hider? Those are my favourite scripts to manage Google searches.

Thank you so much in advance.

§
Posted: 2015-10-05

Sorry, I must have missed a change somewhere along the way.

As a quick workaround, do you want to try editing the script you have installed? Right-click it on the Add-ons page and choose Edit. This will open a "Scratchpad" window listing the code of the script.

Based on my very brief testing:

On line 306, you need to insert an additional "selector" pattern to match the GMR layout -- #res #GTR div.g, -- as follows.

ORIGINAL LINE:
liels = document.querySelectorAll("#res li.g, #res div.srg div.g, #res #rso div.g, #res #isr_mc");

NEW LINE:
liels = document.querySelectorAll("#res li.g, #res div.srg div.g, #res #rso div.g, #res #GTR div.g, #res #isr_mc");

On line 314, make the identical change.

I will work that into the next version, but if it doesn't work for you, please let me know. GMR has a lot of settings and I may not be able to test how you have it set up.

----

If you use Perma-ban, there are two other changes you might need to make to remove the empty cells. These also will be in the next update.

On line 2248:

ORIGINAL LINE:
var PBsBlanks = document.querySelectorAll("table#GTR li[blockhidden], table#GTR td:empty");

NEW LINE:
var PBsBlanks = document.querySelectorAll("table#GTR li[blockhidden], table#GTR div.g[blockhidden], table#GTR td:empty");

On line 2255:

ORIGINAL LINE:
var PBs = document.querySelectorAll("table#GTR li[blockhidden]");

NEW LINE:
var PBs = document.querySelectorAll("table#GTR li[blockhidden], table#GTR div.g[blockhidden]");

§
Posted: 2015-10-07

Version 1.7.0 fixes numerous issues with GoogleMonkeyR. Please let me know if I missed anything.

§
Posted: 2015-10-07

Sorry for being so late (I've been disconnected from internet these days) and thank you so much for your quick replies.

I've installed 1.7.0 version and, so far, everything is working like a charm. If I detect something wrong I'll bring it to your attention.

You're the boss! :)

Sign in to post a reply.