Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

Why the add pop up every 5 days?

I like your script but I'm not liking the pop up that tells me to look at your other scripts and that you will be reminding me every 5 days. Why do you have to use that nagging pop up? http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img673/3784/khw4a1.png
Is this a permanent decision for you to make money writing userscripts?

§
Posted: 2015-08-01

Bryan, thank you for posting and liking the script.

The updates available message should only appear in versions 1.6.2 and earlier that were installed from userscripts.org (or the archive site userscripts-mirror.org). To get rid of the message, please:

(1) Export your block list
(2) Install the current version of Google Hit Hider (it will install alongside the old one)
(3) Disable the old version on the Tampermonkey Dashboard
(4) Reload the search results page and import your block list to the new script

(For export and import steps, see: http://www.jeffersonscher.com/gm/google-hit-hider/manage-lists.php)

Or if you already did that before, you may need to completely remove the old version instead of just disabling it.

Background. Due to changes made on Google.com about 10 days ago, the older versions are now broken. There is no way for me to stop people from installing broken releases, but since the old version pulls an updater script from my site I was able to change that to display the red bar. With Greasemonkey/Firefox, the message only appears in new installs, but with Tampermonkey/Chrome, you may get the message even with an old installation of the script.

Sorry for the annoyance, but now you know why. There is no update bar in the version from this site.

P.S. If you can think of any way to make money writing userscripts, let me know. ;-)

oh ok thanks a lot, I did install that from an old copy of your script on a new computer, and so that's why I saw the popup. But it is a super useful script. I have no idea how to make money from scripts other than to show off your programming skills on your resume.

Sign in to post a reply.