Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-07-23

Compatibility fix for GoogleMonkeyR

Not sure if it changed recently, but the "block" button was appearing all over the place with my particular copy of GoogleMonkeyR. I fixed by commenting out these GoogleMonkeyR-specific lines:

// if (linkwidth > 509) linkwidth = 509; // fix rare weirdness 2/4/2013
// btn.setAttribute("style","position:absolute;top:0;right:"+((-1 * btn.offsetWidth)+(apar.parentNode.offsetWidth-linkwidth)-3)+"px;margin-right:0;z-index:100;"); // position past end of link
// if (apar.parentNode.nodeName=="LI"||apar.parentNode.nodeName=="DIV") apar.parentNode.style.position="relative";

I also use this custom style rule to make the button even more unobtrusive (I have #e5ecf9 as my GoogleMonkeyR background color):

button.ghhider{background-color:#e5ecf9;position:absolute;top:0;right:0px;margin-right:0;}

Thanks for the amazing script.

§
Posted: 2015-07-23

Thank you for the report. Was this caused by last night's update of this script, or yesterday's change to Google, or was it an issue that existed before yesterday? I haven't used GoogleMonkeyR for at least six months, so I haven't been paying attention to the interaction.

§
Posted: 2015-07-25

I believe it was yesterday's change to Google.

§
Posted: 2015-08-03

Hi,
Thank you for update Jefferson :)

Sign in to post a reply.