Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-11-20
Edited: 2018-11-20

This is the greatest work I have ever seen.

First of all, I would like to thank the author, thank you for your excellent contribution, and brought us such great work.

I have been using it for more than a month. During this time, I used it to successfully block nearly 10,000 websites and got a good search experience.

Here, I would also like to ask you if the recommended part of Google search can be blocked.

For example, if you search for "news video" or "best wireless router", Google will provide several video recommendations or provide a preferred result at the top of the search results. The "block" button does not appear for these videos or recommended results.

Of course, this is not a big deal. If this increases the complexity of the program or affects performance, it is completely unnecessary to consider it.

Anyway, I would like to thank you again for your hard work. Thank you !

§
Posted: 2018-11-20

Thank you for your kind words.

I think if you never want to see those special sections, regardless of the site, it would make sense to use either a general purpose element blocker (for example, in an ad blocking extension) or a custom style rule to target them.

On the other hand, if you want to selectively block them based on the site listed, then it would make sense to expand this script, although, it probably would take some time to get it right as Google's layout changes frequently.

Sign in to post a reply.