Remove inoreader ADS

Remove inoreader.com's advertisement in reading list, upgrae button and some annoying dialogs.

< Feedback on Remove inoreader ADS

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-12-17

Scrolling

In some cases, it's not possible to scroll through posts with the mouse and have the last one or two marked as read. Scrolling just stops before it can go far enough for that to happen.

It relates to a space for a banner ad beneath the list. This isn't caused by the script, but I'm wondering, since it's related to banners (albeit invisible ones), if it might be made to work around this.

HacksignAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-12-18

well, is there any stable way to re-produce this problem ?

as your describe, I dont think it is related to invisible items in reading list panel, because the reading list contianer is responsive style, anything that overflowed should be able to displayed through scroll y coordinate(vertical scroll bar). invisible items would take no place when browser caculate coordinates...

may be I can dig deeper if u provide some stable way to re-produce this problem ;)

§
Posted: 2017-12-22

It's really hard to describe the problem well (not a problem with your script--I mean the site), but if feed content on the right side is brief enough--that is, if it all fits on the screen at once with nothing spilling off screen--then you are only allowed to scroll down so far, and that point is often before the last article(s) are marked as read. You can still mark everything as read in other ways, just not by scrolling.

It used to be that you could always freely scroll down well past the point where the last article is marked as read, but I think new ad placements are getting in the way now.

However, is it possible that 4.3 largely works around this (I was using 4.2 before)? In testing now, it seems that the problem is largely solved! Maybe I hadn't refreshed the site before when testing, I'm not sure now.

BTW, what is the significance of the yellow-to-grey-to-blue effect seen oftentimes when first clicking into a feed? I'm speaking of the thin vertical bar to the left of the articles which indicates read/unread. I've seen blue and grey before, but I'm not familiar with the transition effect as I don't think the site itself does it.

HacksignAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-12-24
Edited: 2017-12-24

4.3 is a minor update, which fixed some bugs when there is no html element found.

I'll try to reproduce this bug as your describe.

And, the yellow-to-grey-to-blue effect, see this disscus

This script only mantain advertisment stuff (and one extra feature: scrool to top, in content panel. right bottom corner). So any effect, mostly, is some feature of official ;)

Sign in to post a reply.