Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2014-08-28
Edited: 2014-09-01

(FIXED) Endless page reload when opening GHHbD popup (Block Tab) on Startpage. (version 1.6.4)

Hello,
Using the Startpage settings as shown in the screenshot below.
Whenever I open the Google Hit Hider (v1.6.4) popup window on the page, and I switch to the "Block" tab, the whole Startpage starts to reload endlessly, I even haven't any chance to access the open GHH popup anymore. All I can do I close the Tab.

Is this a know problem please, any fix for it.

Thanks again Jefferson for this great plugin !

Screenshot of my Startpage settings: http://i.imgur.com/Sn73ZMN.png

§
Posted: 2014-09-01

Hi Zombulla, thank you for reporting this. Your screen shot shows the "Manage Hiding" button duplicated numerous times, even on the Settings page, which definitely should not happen.

I am not able to replicate the problem. A few questions:

* Firefox with Greasemonkey, or Chrome with Tampermonkey?

* Do you get the same behavior on Google or DuckDuckGo?

* Are you using any other scripts which might load additional results into the page?

§

Hi Jefferson,
Don't mind the "Manage Hiding" looking duplicated, it's some snapshot error of Faststone Capture i used to take a screenshot of the scrolling browser window :)

- I use Firefox nightly (v34) using Greasemonkey nightly.
- Al is fine with Google and DuckDuckGo.
- I used GoogleMoneyR 1.7.0, but the problems keeps happening after disabling that addon and restarting the browser.

I'll try different scenarios, and keep this topic updated if I can further pinpoint the exact cases, or when the problem resolves.

Thanks for the help btw.

§

Doh, seems like another addon I recently installed was the culprit ( NoScript).
For some reason if you have that addon in the default state (block all scripts on current page, something will trigger a reload when the "Block" tab is open in GHH.

I allowed scripts for startpage.com and the problem is gone ! :-)

Sorry for the confusion, I should have thought about such things in advance.

Once again, thanks for the help and this great userscript ! ;)

Sign in to post a reply.