Greasy Fork is available in English.

Conversaciones » Comentarios y opiniones sobre Greasy Fork

My script was leaked and then posted. How to prove that script was mine to delete it?

§
Publicado: 17/5/2023

Hello, my script was leaked very long time ago, but seems that somebody started to sharing it.
Here the link to this script: https://greasyfork.org/ru/scripts/466276-x-ray-dungeon-chunks-script
Only I have is the source file and full understanding of what code does.
Can I prove that this code is mine?

NotYouMod
§

Hello, my script was leaked very long time ago, but seems that somebody started to sharing it.
Here the link to this script: https://greasyfork.org/ru/scripts/466276-x-ray-dungeon-chunks-script
Only I have is the source file and full understanding of what code does.
Can I prove that this code is mine?

If source code looks exactly like in the script, then no. There are few reasons:

• As I understand, you haven't posted it anywhere, so we can't actually check the dates (Dates on local computer doesn't count because they can be spoofed).
  • If you understand what code does, doesn't mean you are an author.

So, because of that factors, we can't really do anything. Also, why you created a script and haven't posted it?

§
Editado: 17/5/2023

I create the script for myself.
And sent it to one guy (whom I warned that distribution is prohibited) in discord.
Would message be a proof?

§

I understand that knowing code cannot be a proof, but the level of my knowledge of this script is high enough to "pass the exam" for knowledge of this script with my eyes closed, while the publisher is most likely barely familiar with the language.

Even if I had studied this code since publication (I found out about it today), I would hardly have come close to such a level of understanding, including whole technologies and hidden knowledge about this script.

§

You can go ahead and report other script, but if the person who posted it disputes what you say and you have no evidence, then we can't really do anything because we won't know who is telling the truth.

§
Editado: 17/5/2023

You can go ahead and report other script, but if the person who posted it disputes what you say and you have no evidence, then we can't really do anything because we won't know who is telling the truth.

So, message in the discord is not considered proof, even if you would be sure that the screenshot is not fake?

The structure of the code, the technologies and methods used in this code absolutely belong to me, not to mention the fact that they just exactly match.

I've been using the site for a long time, although I'm not actively posting scripts, but nevertheless, I have a reputation, while this author is posting something for the first time.

To make sure that this code is authentic, we could hold something like a "trial". It would be an interesting practice for the site community. You could ask the publisher and me about how the code works (in real time, like voice/video conference), just even pointing to random places. I assure you, even in English (this is not my original language), I will be able to protect any part of the code and answer any questions.
I could have put my account on the line.

Of course, this is a strange offer, but I just have no other choice...

§
Publicado: 22/5/2023

my 2 cents... good luck with a trial, but also at some point there will probably be site changes and the script stops working, you'll be the only one who can update it to work again, use that as leverage if you want

Publicar respuesta

Inicia sesión para responder.