Greasy Fork is available in English.

Conversaciones » Comentarios y opiniones sobre Greasy Fork

Suggestions related to user feedback on scripts

§
Publicado: 23/4/2023

I've been wanting this for years but I was too lazy to ask. The issue is that it likely requires a lot of effort to implement.

A GreasyFork API.

Now, I'm aware that there are a lot of JSON files for like, all the scripts available, sorted in a specific order, etc.

But, to be specific, there are two things I really would like added to GreasyFork:

- Auto-replying to comments in Discussions.
- An iframe/embed you can implement in other websites for users to rate the user script with ease.

§
Publicado: 23/4/2023

Auto-replying to comments in Discussions.

That seems very easy to abuse, so probably not.

An iframe/embed you can implement in other websites for users to rate the user script with ease.

You can already iframe the site, can't you? What are you looking for?

§
Publicado: 24/4/2023
That seems very easy to abuse, so probably not.

What exactly does abuse mean here?

I'm thinking an event listener for new discussions and also for new messages in those discussions.

And then an auto reply function (for new discussions) and/or a reply function.

I could see this being used for things like "I usually take 3 days to respond, thanks to using the script." or the ability to respond using discord bots and such.

And whatever people can think of.

You can already iframe the site, can't you? What are you looking for?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

And it'd show a dedicated, official display of the script's current rating, as well as the ability to rate the script itself from the website the iframe is on.

/rate

Would be useful as the downloads:rating ratio, in my opinion, is too high.

You'd get a script with a million downloads but only 10 downloads (exaggerated) which wouldn't be a good representation of how users feel about the script.

By people being able to rate, whilst using the script, on the website the intend to use the script in, I think that'd increase the numbers of people rating therefore providing a more useful representation of the average script user's thoughts.

I mean, an iframe isn't really necessary, YouTube does something similar to what I'm thinking of:

Publicar respuesta

Inicia sesión para responder.