Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-01-15

CSS Styles?

As of now this is a cool little script, it helps. My few gripes is that it currently overlaps onto the search bar, background color seems a bit light, opacity is light, and the transitions seem weird to me.

I have some moderate experience with HTML and CSS so I managed to change the position of the buttons, background colors, and opacity (I'm not a fan of it). Anyone know how to remove the transitions for example I am trying to make it so so once I hover away from the button the drop down menu immediately disappears.

I can't seem to find the line of code that controls this.

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-16
Edited: 2018-01-16

1st variant) Write your own user CSS, wihch disappear transition.
2nd) Clone this script on Github with your fix and you may create new setting and put pull request in the current script there. (Lines 258, 270, 279 with word "transition" and its opacities.)
3) low contrast of default style theme was create around 1.5 years ago accordingly lite-gray theme of new Google search page. Former style is saved as old "blue style" and switched to it by disable of checkbox in Settings (bottom of column in 2nd button).

(Transition is feature for more smooth disabling of previous hovered columns of menu for possibility of return to its for 0.3-0.5 seconds if need. It may to set opacity to 0 and transition time to 0 for full disappearing but save this possibility of return. It may be set as setting "No transition" of script (saved in localStorage of browser).)

Sign in to post a reply.