Kickass Torrents Enhancements with Ad Remover

Enhances KickassTorrents (KAT) by forcing HTTPS, using a max-width layout, enabling navigation in search results using the arrow keys and removing ads.

< Feedback on Kickass Torrents Enhancements with Ad Remover

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-11-04

max-width layout

In the description it says "using a max-width layout" but it's 900px (not full screen) so I have to change it to 100% with each update. Can you fix it?

Sorry for my English.

Thank you for your feedback on the max-width layout. Sorry for the confusion, I am referring to the current behavior that is CSS max-width: 900px for the main content.

Although the current behavior is by design, I would like to improve the script so that it's more useful. Could you please describe how the current layout is affecting you and what would you prefer instead.

§
Posted: 2015-11-09

Hi, thank you for your response :)

This is the original script screenshot

contentContainer.style.maxWidth = "900px";

Untitled 1

Same original but window set to full screen 1920x1080
Untitled 1a

And maxwidth changed to 98% I think look better
contentContainer.style.maxWidth = "98%";

Untitled 2

§
Posted: 2015-11-10
Edited: 2015-11-10

Thank you for illustrating your experience with screenshots, now I have a better understanding of your problem. My reason for limiting the width of main content is to ease reading by not having to scan the entire widescreen display.

Currently I have no plans to remove the max-width feature, but in a future version I might introduce settings that will let you select the features you want to enable.

Since you seem to be knowledgeable of user scripts, may I recommend you – as a workaround – to create a custom user script that overrides the width of main content so that you will not have to change the script on each update:

window.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function () {
  var contentContainer =
    document.querySelector(".mainpart .doublecelltable td > div") ||
    document.querySelector(".mainpart > div");

if (contentContainer && contentContainer.style.maxWidth == "900px")
    contentContainer.style.maxWidth = "98%"
});
§
Posted: 2015-11-10

Great, good job. Thank you :)

Sign in to post a reply.