MyAnimeList (MAL) Tags Updater

Adds type, genres and other info to entries tags. Can also delete all current tags.

< Feedback on MyAnimeList (MAL) Tags Updater

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-01-27
Edited: 2019-12-28

Script Missing Features (which work with other titles)

Decided to give it a try, by finally updating all my tags. Note that my list has a lot of titles, just went with the Completed section today. Decided to save a cached copy of the before, for comparison purposes, since I have a lot of custom tags (which is a shame that they get removed when updating everything else).

Anyways, the problem: script doesn't identify all short-ep entries. I found it skips those that have a duration set to seconds, plus short movies as well. I'm unsure what other types are missing the short-ep tag, but wanted to point out what I found while checking the first few entries. (edit) It neither adds the long-ep tag to music videos that are valid for it.

I also want to point out that the half-ep isn't that useful since most of those fall under short-ep.

The rest is a blessing. The script is amazing.

akarinAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-01-28

Hello.

Movie, Music and Unknown entries are not tagged by duration tags.

All other entries are tagged like this: Short-ep: duration < 10min per episode Long-ep: duration > 32min per episode Half-ep: 10min <= duration <= 16min per episode.

§
Posted: 2019-01-30
Edited: 2019-01-30

@akarin said: Hello.

Movie, Music and Unknown entries are not tagged by duration tags.

All other entries are tagged like this: Short-ep: duration < 10min per episode Long-ep: duration > 32min per episode Half-ep: 10min <= duration <= 16min per episode.

The thing is that the other types that have a duration set to seconds (less than a minute) aren't receiving the Short-ep tag. That's a bit of a problem since I need to go over all the entries to manually add it (which while trying to avoid it was why used this amazing script).

Music is unavoidable, that one is a given. When you say "Unknown" as in those that don't have a type set yet, right? (like some unaired entries)

Also, why not tag the movies that are of short duration? Most oldies qualify for it.

akarinAuthor
§

I've fixed the issues with missing Short-ep tag for some entries. Added support of Short-ep and Half-ep tags for movies.

§

@akarin said: I've fixed the issues with missing Short-ep tag for some entries. Added support of Short-ep and Half-ep tags for movies.

Awesome! Thanks. Once I'm done with the completed section (adding custom tags), I will go to the others and test it again (PTW, OH and Watching). If there's anything I will say it here. (^_^)/

Sign in to post a reply.