AO3: Kudosed and seen history

Highlight or hide works you kudosed/marked as seen.

< Feedback on AO3: Kudosed and seen history

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2021-03-03

Hi, I love this script but I realised recently that *a lot* of kusosed fics don't appear as marked..? I tried to use re-check for kudos in a page of my history where I was sure that all of those fics were, in fact, kudosed but it didn't do anything. Openning/Refreshing the fic's page doesn't work either and when I try to leave a kudos it still say that I've already left one here AND THEN it shows again so I tried to rekudos a bunch of them manually via my history (+/- 100 pages, I leave kudos everywhere I go so I don't start reading something I've already read) but it seems to take away the marks of others kudosed fics, is there any kind of limitation?? I only read/leave kudos on my computer, I disabled all of my chrome extensions for AO3, I tried to uninstall/reinstall the script and tampermonkey (even tried with Violentmonkey instead) and I don't find anybody else with the same problem as me, I don't know what to do anymore, am I missing something..?

Min_Author
§
Posted: 2021-03-07

AO3 recently changed how it displays kudos - now it's only the first 50 usernames that appear on the page, and then you need to load the next page, and so on. The userscript currently only checks the first page (since that's what was needed before), so it may not find your kudos if it's further down the list. I'm working on a solution for this.

However, it should still remember when you when you click the kudos button in the same browser. Make sure your browser doesn't clear local storage/cookies/cache automatically. (There is a limit to how many kudos it can remember, but unless other extensions are using up your local storage, that's about 20,000.)

Sign in to post a reply.