YouTube Auto-Like Videos

Automatically clicks the 'Like' button

< Feedback on YouTube Auto-Like Videos

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-06-10
Edited: 2015-06-10
It's petty, but it's really bugging me...

The one/two thing(s) I would like, is a way to remove/move the options button, and make the video title left aligned... Now, if anyone wants to tell me how to fix this, because I don't know if this is important enough for JoeSimmons to update the script for it...

BTW, the only reason I'm asking is because I've been trying to do this by myself for a week, but my lack of programming knowledge has caused it to stop actually working once I get it looking right by just guessing...
JoeSimmonsAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-06-17

Not that I wouldn't want to do this for you, but unfortunately, moving the button is a bit difficult due to how this script is set up.

The buttons part of the script is based upon another script I wrote called YouTube Button Container. This script just uses the function defined in that script. My other scripts use this too, and more buttons can easily be added to the same area with one simple function.

The centering of the title isn't too hard to fix, just make a new line after line 213 and add this to it: GM_addStyle('#watch7-headline h1 { text-align: left !important; }');

Moving the button, as said earlier, will be slightly more difficult, but not that hard. A quick solution would just be to move the button after the @require script creates it.
Where would you like the button moved to?

§
Posted: 2015-06-28
First of all, sorry it took so long to respond, but it took me forever to see that you had responded...
Secondly, What I meant with the button was if there was any way to run the rest of the code, but just not "show" the button...

Also, the title fix didn't work, here's what that section of code looks like, in case it's my fault...

// try to 'like' the video for 30 seconds max
window.setTimeout(function () {
timeStart = Date.now();

intv = JSL.setInterval(function () {
doLike();
}, 750);
GM_addStyle('#watch7-headline h1 { text-align: left !important; }');
}, 1000);
});

}());
JoeSimmonsAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-07-02

That code does work, but it's my fault it didn't for you. On lines 15-17, you'll see allowances for special Greasemonkey functions; the one I gave you didn't work because it wasn't allowed. So, just make a new line after 17 and add
// @grant GM_addStyle

And to hide the options button altogether, add this line after the first one you added to un-center the text.
GM_addStyle('#under-movie-div { display: none !important; }');

The GM_addStyle() function can be called before the page is fully loaded though, making it look smoother from the start. All that needs to be done is to put the functions outside of the part that waits for it to load fully. Here's a link to the script with that done: http://bit.ly/1FSRfsQ

§
Posted: 2015-07-02
Thank you very much, I honestly didn't expect you to upload an entirely separate version of the script just for me... well, I guess anyone else who wanted these exact changes would also use it, but still...
JoeSimmonsAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-07-06

Np man. It's an easy thing to do and makes your life easier. Plus, I would feel bad making you apply all the changes and spend a while on it when it takes me just a minute or two to give to you.

And if there's anything else you need, please, don't wait a week before letting me know :)

Sign in to post a reply.