Redirect YT video to embedded video

Redirects any opened YT video to the YT embedded video to make the video take the whole screen.

< Feedback on Redirect YT video to embedded video

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-04-21

I'm on android TV with kiwi browser and a wireless mouse. I've tried several methods but only this one could get it full screen, bravo! And left mouse click is play/pause, that's handy.
I hope in future version autoplay is fixed - autoplay has been added to url, but it does not work. And, auto play next video would be great.

hacker09Author
§

You are welcome!

"left mouse click is play/pause", this is not a feature of this script, it might be your TV/mouse feature.

Seems like the YT direct embedded video is blocking the video autoplay, although the autoplay parameter is added on the url. (I've just fixed that now)

Autoplay next video would require a lot of more coding and time that I currently do not have, but I also think that it would be a great feature for maybe on day in the future.

§

You are welcome!

"left mouse click is play/pause", this is not a feature of this script, it might be your TV/mouse feature.

Seems like the YT direct embedded video is blocking the video autoplay, although the autoplay parameter is added on the url. (I've just fixed that now)

Autoplay next video would require a lot of more coding and time that I currently do not have, but I also think that it would be a great feature for maybe on day in the future.

Thank you for your time and effort. I just tried v12, but autoplay does not improve for me.

hacker09Author
§

Yes I noticed it too, I will try to fix it soon.

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2022-04-22

Fixed!

§
Posted: 2022-04-27

Fixed!

Sorry for the delay. For me V13 still does not autoplay. Maybe it's just impossible without "muted"?

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2022-04-28

The script could play the sound if: the user has interacted with the player through a tap, or drag on the web page. This means the user has once played sound with a video, because the threshold has now been crossed under the chrome Media Engagement Index.

if you open on your kiwi browser kiwi://media-engagement/ you will see that "Autoplay Policy" says "document-user-activation-required", this is a shorter way to say what I have described above.

§
Posted: 2022-04-28

The script could play the sound if: the user has interacted with the player through a tap, or drag on the web page. This means the user has once played sound with a video, because the threshold has now been crossed under the chrome Media Engagement Index.

if you open on your kiwi browser kiwi://media-engagement/ you will see that "Autoplay Policy" says "document-user-activation-required", this is a shorter way to say what I have described above.

Thanks.

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2023-05-30

You are welcome

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2023-11-12

You should like my latest update

Sign in to post a reply.