Download Spotify songs from the context menu of the tracks, without logging in. This script uses Muffon's back-end to retrieve the download links.
< Feedback on Spotify Downloader (without login)
The downloaded OGG file isn't playable. Media player says it is corrupted
Indeed, it is also a pain to delete them because the file explorer freaks out when you try to do anything to them.
I have no idea of how Muffon's server works behind the scenes, so I have no idea of the reason why some files might be corrupted. I've only had a problem with Gusttavo Lima's "Balada (Ao vivo)", which suddenly stops after a few seconds on Pulsar player (Android). Are the corrupted files really a lot?
I've had two files corrupted so far (100%). Haven't downloaded any since, but I could try out to see if it is every music I downloaded.
My explorer hangs too when I try to interact with a downloaded ogg file sometimes. Not always though. Even the not corrupted files have this issue
It might be due to some incompatibility between that ogg format and the viewers you are using: have you tried converting them to another format? I know it's not convenient, it's just to know if they are good files in a weird format or if they are actually corrupted.
I can confirm that something screwy is going on. I have to download each song in an album three times. The first two are always corrupt and different sizes and do NOT contain "Ogg" as the first three bytes (AKA a valid ogg header, just open the file in something like Notepad++ to see) yet the third one is valid. And this happens on every file in this 204 track album that are around 3 minutes each...
Thank you for the research: so with the missing header it doesn't play at all or it skips some seconds of music? If it's just the header, repairing the files while donwloading should be "easier" (and by "easier" I mean that I never attemped handling binary files in js, but it should be possible knowing what's missing).
I've tried redownloading a file that was corrupted: in my case, it was missing nearly 130KB of data in the middle of the file. VLC was just skipping the missing part, while other players simply stopped playing. I'll try disabling FileSaver (very useful for giving a meaningful name to the saved file) and using the direct download instead, to see if for any reason (although I doubt it) FileSaver is corrupting the files while downloading them.
My only other guess apart from FileSaver is Muffon's server giving corrupt files. From what I can tell the JSON files are the exact same, and the DL link using Muffon's api is the same, but I have to download the same file three times before getting one that works.
Yes, this is the most likely cause, also because I've checked and on Firefox for Android I'm using Violentmonkey, which supports GM_download, which I hope is reliable enough not to be the cause of the corruption of files. By the way I still wonder why Muffon gives an .mp3 extension to ogg files.
So two days ago I was able to get the script working flawlessly using firefox+tampermonkey instead of chrome..... and yesterday muffon's backend server seems to have died xD
Yes, it's totally unreliable, honestly. I've added to the description of my script a link to Zertalious' script: at least when mine is not working, users can have an alternative ready.
Sign in to post a reply.