No ADS - YouTube

- Skips all youtube ads - | - undetectable - | - skips ads instantly -

< Feedback on No ADS - YouTube

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021-08-16
Edited: 2021-08-16

This script works great. But there is a bug (or feature?) that prevented me from speeding up the video.

Removing these lines from the code solved the problem for me:

else{
vid.playbackRate=1;
}

GSRHackZAuthor
§

can you explain what you mean when you say "prevented you from speeding up the video". I want to know whether to remove these lines or not cause it's working perfectly on my end.

GSRHackZAuthor
§

Also removing these lines will cause the video to remain sped up after an ad skip so this will lead to a huge inconvenience. The main purpose of this script is to skip ads by speeding up the video and then returning back to its original state after ad skip. Please make sure you have the latest version of the script installed, because I believe the bug you are talking about was in a n older version of the script.

§
Posted: 2021-08-18
Edited: 2021-08-18

"prevented me from speeding up the video"

It didn't matter what i chose, 1.25x or 2x, the playback speed remained the same, 1x.

"Also removing these lines will cause the video to remain sped up after an ad skip..."

Yes i am using the latest version of this scipt. I tried to disable all scripts and extensions except for this one, but it didn't work. After removing these lines, the script worked for me.
I think this has to do with the fact that i'm using Opera.

§
Posted: 2021-09-17

It didn't matter what i chose, 1.25x or 2x, the playback speed remained the same, 1x.

"Also removing these lines will cause the video to remain sped up after an ad skip..."

Yes i am using the latest version of this scipt. I tried to disable all scripts and extensions except for this one, but it didn't work. After removing these lines, the script worked for me.

change speedup from 16 -> 2, prevent misjudge on the YT speed control,
PS don't expect and ads skip script have actually feedback on conflicts... lol

GSRHackZAuthor
§

change speedup from 16 -> 2, prevent misjudge on the YT speed control,
PS don't expect and ads skip script have actually feedback on conflicts... lol

A new update will be released that enables the speeding up of videos manually. At the moment it is set to only speed up the video when it sees an ad and after the ad is skipped it sets the video speed back to 1 permanently. I will change that in an update maybe later today.

GSRHackZAuthor
§

"change speedup from 16 -> 2, prevent misjudge on the YT speed control,
PS don't expect and ads skip script have actually feedback on conflicts... lol"

I need to keep the speedup at 16. It has nothing to do with the 2x on youtube. 16 is the max video playback rate in javascript. By making it 16, i'm skipping the ad as fast as technically possible. Changing it to 2x will slow it down more. The reason for the problem is that after speeding up the ad I need to return the speed of the video back to normal so I set the default as 1, (not realizing this will affect people negatively). But now that I know it's affecting people I will add a feature which saves the original speed of the video and returns to it after the skip. 😊

GSRHackZAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-09-18

I'm busy today & can't work on this issue due to having lot's of homework. I will work on this when I'm free, maybe later today or tomorrow morning. 😖

§
Posted: 2021-10-04
This script works great. But there is a bug (or feature?) that prevented me from speeding up the video.

else{
vid.playbackRate=1;
}

Removing the line - works like a charm.
I can set my own playback speed in the settings now.

GSRHackZAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-10-04

else{
vid.playbackRate=1;
}
Removing the line - works like a charm.
I can set my own playback speed in the settings now.

I need to keep the speedup at 16. It has nothing to do with the 2x on youtube. 16 is the max video playback rate in javascript. By making it 16, i'm skipping the ad as fast as technically possible. Changing it to 2x will slow it down more. The reason for the problem is that after speeding up the ad I need to return the speed of the video back to normal so I set the default as 1, (not realizing this will affect people negatively). But now that I know it's affecting people I will add a feature which saves the original speed of the video and returns to it after the skip. 😊

Sign in to post a reply.