Instagram Download Button

Add the download button and the open button to download or open profile picture and media in the posts, stories, and highlights in Instagram

< Feedback on Instagram Download Button

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-05-16

Only downloads/opens link of the first image in multiple-image posts. Can't find any way to get multiple images. Shortcut keys do not work.

FFW
§
Posted: 2022-05-17

Care to share an example post or a user page, I'm trying to confirm the issue I'm having myself.

P.S. I'm not the creator of this user script.

FFW
§

Try this test fork, and see if it fixes your issue as well. Then y252328 can modify the code.

§

The fork does seem to let me change the displayed photo in a post and then download button will pull the image that I'm viewing, so that is a small improvement at least. Would be ideal if the button just downloaded every image in a 10 image post all at once so I don't have to scroll through each one.

ZhiYu_Author
§
Posted: 2022-05-18
Edited: 2022-05-18

I have merged Jenie's fork. Please update to newest version and try again.
Thanks for your fork, Jenie.

§

works ok now for downloading single pics. would be nice to download all images of a post with one click though

FFW
§

I have merged Jenie's fork. Please update to newest version and try again.

Thanks for your fork, Jenie.

No problem. Thank you for this great user script as well.

FFW
§
Posted: 2022-05-19

Would be ideal if the button just downloaded every image in a 10 image post all at once so I don't have to scroll through each one.

Not a bad idea actually, but many people use this user script, I doubt that would be something they want.

How would you go about it?

Some notes to consider

• images are not all there actually, they get added as you scroll through them. Meaning the script will have to request the images from Instagram api, and if done frequently, I assume you will be confused for a bot and get banned
  • A third button to download all media would just make it ugly in my opinion, specially on Android
  • Holding shift as you click the download button would be the best option, but Android doesn't have shift button
  • Another option would be to have an option to switch the open media button for download all button, but not many people know how to edit the options in the code

I'd like ZhiYu_ opinion, on what they might consider to add to the original code

Sign in to post a reply.